Visit the Empire State Building, one of the most recognizable and iconic landmarks in the world. Miraculously erected during The Great Depression, the building itself serves as a symbol of hope, perseverance, and prosperity for many who travel to NYC to see it.
The only thing more spectacular than looking up at the Empire State Building from the streets of New York City is heading up to its 86th floor at 1,050-feet above ground and stepping out into the observation area to look out at 360-degrees of “the greatest city in the world”—a must do for any first timer in NYC.
Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, the Empire State Building Experience is so much more than just a view. Embark on a journey through one of the most famous landmarks in the world, where you will experience a newly restored Art Deco lobby and murals, the historical Dare to Dream exhibit, and Sustainability Exhibit. Your visit will conclude at the most iconic 360-degree open-air observation deck in all of NYC – The Empire State Building’s 86th Floor Observatory Deck. Feel the heart of NYC!
- Take in the whole Empire State Building Experience, including the newly renovated art-deco lobby, the sustainability and historical exhibits, and a free self-guided multimedia tour.
- Look out on New York City from 1,050 feet above the bustling streets below.
- See panoramic views of up to five states from the surrounding open-air promenade or from the climate controlled viewing galleries.
- Get details about what you’re viewing from every vantage point with the free self-guided multimedia tour.
Tips for Visitors:
- Observatory is open until 2:00 am every night for spectacular skyline and nighttime views.
- Enjoy live music on most Thursday - Saturday evenings after 9:00 pm.
- Whether its breakfast, lunch, or dinner, State Grill and Bar is located in the lobby to cater to your dining needs.
- To plan your visit, you are welcome to check the Time to the Top* at www.empirestatebuilding.com or by calling (877) NYC-VIEW (692-8439).
*Average general admission ticket travel time from clearing security, through our two exhibits, to the 86th floor Observation Deck. Updated every 2 minutes.
- Best time to visit: Beat the crowds. For more space and less wait, visit between 8:00 am and 11:00 am or after 10:00 pm.
- Accessibility: The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant. Handicapped restrooms are located on the 86th Floor Observatory. Service dogs are allowed throughout the building. Motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted. The 86th Floor has ramps to make getting around easier and lowered viewing walls so that visitors in chairs can still take in the view.