BOSTON, MA – Smart Destinations is a dynamic, e-commerce technology company in the travel and attractions space. We provide million of dollars in savings to the travel community through direct sales of attraction passes and tickets. We are privately held, profitable, and growing rapidly. We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial person to join the team. This job will be based in San Francisco, California and the candidate will manage our San Francisco product line, and others as needed.
This candidate should possess strong personal leadership skills, a passion for success, and functional expertise in business development and contract negotiation. It is preferred that the candidate also have experience in travel and tourism industry, with contacts in key positions in the territory and further, a thorough understanding of the attractions market and/or California Tourism Market.
Learn/understand Smart Destinations unique value proposition and overall position in the activity reseller space. Have knowledge of our competition, the industry landscape, business and expansion objectives.
Develop and implement product development strategies that support our business goals with thoughtful analysis, strategic prioritization, and outstanding execution.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Source inventory of attractions and negotiate agreements that support our business growth goals.
- Close exclusive contracts and negotiate the best possible offers for our customers.
- Work closely with the marketing and sales team to develop and execute revenue-generating programs. Guide the team in developing an overall product marketing strategy that meets our short term and long term goals.
- Learn and understand pricing strategy, help forecast and manage complex pricing models.
- Build and oversee budgets as needed for territory needs.
- Work with the operations support team to ensure all partners are 100% supported – be available in your markets to ensure that all clients receive the highest standard of service.
- Build relationships with key strategic partners such as attractions, convention and visitor bureaus and travel trade organizations to support your markets.
- Open new business, and increase production on local sales accounts throughout the region. This includes closing the deals, training the new locations, and incentivizing staff to grow sales on a monthly basis. Develop incentive programs to motivate third party resellers.
- Assist in editing marketing collateral from the product perspective. The Regional Director is ultimately responsible for making sure the content is consistent with the offers and contracts in the region, and will lead the charge in making sure the product is top quality.
- Participate in networking events in the region and trade shows on behalf of the company.
Experience, Professional and Personal Skills:
- Candidate will be highly self-motivated, detail and results oriented, organized, be able to manage their own schedule and work independently
- Able to understand complex business models and pricing scenarios
- Prove productivity in a home office environment
- B.S or equivalent with minimum of five years’ experience in travel industry
- Ability to solve a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity
- Travel required within territory and also at times outside of territory
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Must be an independent hands-on resource as well as good team player
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (with both internal and external customers)
- Ability to work in a flexible changing environment
- Must be proficient in both Microsoft Word and Excel and be capable of learning other similar tools.
Interested? Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and write “Regional Director, San Francisco” in the subject line.