A project of Green America and Global Exchange, the Green Festival is a celebration of sustainable solutions that are benefiting local and international communities. Prepare to be inspired and floored as you are introduced to innovative ideas, inventions, and products that aim to solve the eco-inadequacies in food, building, energy, and beyond!
The nation’s premier sustainability event, head to the Navy Pier from May 18th-19th to enjoy how-to workshops, film and documentary showings, educational and fun activities for kids, organic beer and wine, vegetarian cuisine, and entertaining live music. Visit the marketplace where over 300 eco-friendly businesses showcase their eco-friendly products. Sample Fair Trade tea and coffee, oils, chocolate, and shop organic clothing, all-natural products, and more! Learn about the benefits in investing in green home solutions, and feel empowered by the amazing developments within the green movement.
With free admission for kids under 18, and adult tickets starting at just $10, the Green Festival is must for those with an interest in the sustainability movement. Some of the festival highlights include:
- 11am – Presentation of Dog Gone Delights by Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
- 12pm – All City readings from Young Chicago Authors
- 1pm – Discussion on Climate Change in your Backyard: Gardens and Tree in a Changing Climate
- 2pm – Presentation of The Power of Plants: Discovering the Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
- 3pm – Discussion on a Greener Future: An Industry Perspective
- 4pm – Presentation of Small Business Energy Savings Program
- 12pm – Eco-Fashion Show ‘Repurposed for a Purpose’
- 12pm – Inside GMOs: A Survivors Guide
- 1pm – Presentation by Ford Motor Company: The Future of Personal Mobility
- 2pm – Talks by Green Homeowners about Growing Green Families
- 3pm – Cooking demonstration – Couscous Salad Magic!
In addition to the many presentations and discussions, the festival provides yoga sessions throughout the day, as well as a ‘Green Kids Zone’ that is armed with activities such as “Natures Creatures Animal Show”, “Bug Brigade and Worm Composting” and “The Mini Eco-Carnival”. For a full line-up of activities and events, visit the Green Festival website. The Green Festival is located on the Navy Pier, so follow-up your festival visit by perusing the parks, promenades, gardens, shops, restaurants, and amusement rides at the Navy Pier. For a fun, sustainable activity, Bike Chicago with the entire family as you take in the gorgeous trails and city skyline. Customize your travel experience with amazing discounts on your target Chicago attractions with the Go Select Chicago Pass!