This November 28th, a beloved American tradition will grace the streets of New York City. The 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade begins promptly at 9am, and makes it way throughout the downtown are of city until noon. The parade offers a stunning celebration filled with musical performances, dancing, and memorable floats. Feast your eyes upon the main attractions – dozens of massive balloons in the form of some of the most recognizable faces from pop culture!
Here are a few tips for the best Thanksgiving Day Parade Experience:
- For the best possible experience, arrive early to stake out a spot along the parade route – Macy’s recommends between 61st and 72nd on Central Park West as the best place to watch the parade.
- Use the restroom before you arrive – there are no public facilities on the parade route.
- Overdress for the weather – you could be standing still for long periods of time, so wear or bring extra layers in case you find yourself feeling that New York chill!
- Bring plenty of snacks for you and your loved ones just in case there are no convenient options nearby.
- Expect massive crowds, and be cautious with your children. Keep the family together at all times!
If you’re heading to NYC for the Thanksgiving Day Parade, there’s no better time to do some sightseeing in the Big Apple! With the NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade Pass, you can see three of the top New York attractions and save 27% off their combined admission prices. Your pass includes the Downtown Manhattan Hop-On Hop-Off Tour by City Sights, which provides an excellent means of touring the city. Hop off when you choose to visit an attraction, and hop back on when you’re ready to venture to any of the other stops!
Your NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade Pass also provides you with admission to the NBC Studio Tour, so you can go behind the scenes of some of your favorite TV shows! Once you’ve learned about the inner-workings of NBC, head on up to the Top of the Rock for a stunning 360-degree vantage point of this gorgeous, gleaming city.
Want to see even more of NYC? With the New York City Explorer Pass, you’ll receive discount admission to the top attractions and save up to 45% off combined gate prices! Check it out at SmartDestinations.com.