Celebrate Cinco de Mayo San Francisco style! The 9th Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival on Saturday, May 4th, is jam-packed with entertainment, live music, and fun for the entire family. Because of the many contributions made by Mexicans, Mexican-Americans, and Latinos in the United States, this holiday is fondly celebrated by people of all walks of life. Beginning at 10:00am, head over to Dolores Park and experience the celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.
- 10:00am Zumba-thon Exercise Class ($10 donation requested) Zumba is an exciting, effective, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance that will get you moving!
- 11:45am Welcome by Mission Neighborhood Centers Kicking off the festival right – the Senior Chorus will perform, as well as El Chiquilin from Univision Radio Latino Mix
- 12:45pm Performance by The Mission District Young Musicians Program Directed by Martha Rodriguez-Salazar, this ensemble of 26 middle and high school youth performing traditional Latin jazz and classical music
- 1:15pm Ms. Berta Olivia A talented ranchera vocalist accompanied by a Mariachi group
- 2:20pm Performance by Buyepongo A Latin/Tropical band of friends bringing their love of Latin music to life
- 3:00pm Performance by Conjunto Picante Enjoy the sounds of hard Salsa Music with this 12-piece orchestra
- 4:00pm Performance by Edgardo & Candela This Oakland Salsa Band has been playing live for over two decades now! Their specialty being congas and hand drums, this group will set the drums on fire!
- 5:00pm Ensambles Ballet Folkorico de San Francisco Come observe the traditional Mexican folk dance with quality, authentic costumes – it is a cultural marvel!
With dozens of food and drink vendors, you’ll be able to sample traditional Mexican and Latino foods. The Mission neighborhood is also home to delicious Latino restaurants and taquerias. Nearby favorites for tacos and tequila include Tacolicious, Taqueria El Buen Sabor , and Taqueria Can Cun. Have a sensational Cinco de Mayo, and diviértanse (have fun)! For more cultural experiences on your San Francisco vacation, consider bringing your family to the Contemporary Jewish Museum, or the Asian Art Museum. You can experience these attractions, and many others, for one low price with the Go San Francisco Card!