Miami is more than just pristine beaches and weather that can’t be beat, it also has an active art scene, world-class museum culture, high-end shopping, lots of fun outdoor activities, and more.
Don’t miss a thing. Whether you’re traveling with kids-in-tow, planning a romantic getaway, meeting up with friends, or going solo, our travel guides have all the information you need to plan an unforgettable getaway to the city.
Things to do in Miami, in between beach days:
What are some popular attractions to visit?
- Big Bus Hop On Hop Off Miami Tour – a must for first time visitors, you can see the top sights & discover the best things to do in Miami with a hop on hop off sightseeing tour.
- Miami Seaquarium – 38 acres of tropical paradise, the Seaquarium is commitment to wildlife conservation and the rescue, rehab and release of distressed marine mammals.
- Jungle Island – an interactive zoological park where you can meet some of nature’s most amazing creatures. Head on over to see for yourself!
- Duck Tours South Beach – enjoy a once in a lifetime journey touring landmarks +a splashdown into beautiful Biscayne Bay, for a close-up look at the many homes of the rich and famous on Star Island.
- Biscayne Bay Sightseeing Boat Cruise – If you are hoping to get a look at Miami from a vantage point that you won’t be able to find anywhere else, a Miami Aqua Tours Sightseeing Cruise is a stellar idea.
These are just a few. Want more fun ideas for things to do in Miami and South Florida? Head over here for more Miami attractions to see during your trip.
How long are you visiting?
Whether you’re visiting Miami for 24-hours or a long weekend, we’ve put together sample itineraries with the most popular things to do in the city.
From top tours and attractions, to iconic landmarks around the city, these itineraries give you the best Miami experience based on the time you have in the city.
- One Day in Miami – sample itinerary
- 2 Days in Miami – sample itinerary
- 3 Days in Miami – sample itinerary
- Florida Keys Road Trip from Miami – sample itinerary
Who are you visiting with?
No matter who you’re traveling with, whether it’s a family vacation or romantic getaway, there are a ton of fun things to do in Miami.
We’ve put together a list of top attractions and activities geared towards young kids and teens to help you plan your trip.
- Things to Do in Miami with Kids
- Things to Do in Miami for Teens
- Things to Do in Miami for Adults & Couples
- more coming soon!
What type of activities interest you?
Whether you’re planning to check out all the top museums or just check out the top beaches, our Miami insiders have put together a few ‘best of’ lists to inspire and help you plan the perfect Miami itinerary for you.
- Top Museums in Miami
- Fun Things To Do In The Everglades National Park
- Visiting Miami on a budget
- more coming soon!
What parts of Miami are you visiting?
Explore Miami by neighborhood to maximize your time sightseeing. We’ve highlighted a handful of top attractions and places to see by neighborhood in the city so you can make the most of your time and check off everything on your list.
- Miami Neighborhoods Guide
- Things to Do in South Beach & Downtown Miami
- Things to Do in Key West & the Florida Keys
- more coming soon!
When are you visiting?
Miami is a top destination year-round and offers a different experience with each season and type of weather.
Check out our lists of things to do in the city throughout the year to make the most of you itinerary and experience unique, calendar-based events.
- Things to Do in Miami in the Spring
- Things to Do in Miami in the Summer
- Things to Do in Miami this Fall
- Things to Do in Miami in Winter
What’s the best way to get around?
Car (recommended): renting a car is the most popular option for travelers. Avoid traffic during rush hour and give yourself extra time for frequent drawbridge openings.
Public transportation: Miami-Dade Transit (MDT) includes Metrobus, rapid transit Metrorail, and downtown Metromover.
Tip: get the free moovit app for point-to-point trip planning and real-time updates for both subway and bus routes.
Taxis: taxis are typically available at most hotels and shared ride services such as Uber and Lyft are widely available and easy to use.
Hop-on hop-off tours: a hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour (an attraction choice) is a great way to get acquainted with the city. While it shouldn’t be relied on as transportation, it does stop at some popular attractions.
Looking for more info? Check out our post on getting around Miami for tourists.
Where should you stay?
There are plenty of great places to stay in the area. Below are a handful of hotel suggestions located near popular tourist attractions and fun things to do.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach
- Hyatt Regency Miami
- Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown
- InterContinental Miami
- Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach-South Beach
Where should you shop?
In between sightseeing, try and find time to pick up some souvenirs. Here are a few popular areas to get some shopping in.
- Bloomingdales – Aventura and The Falls
- Bayside Marketplace
- Dolphin Mall
Make sure to check out all of the extra discounts and savings available on the Go Miami Card.
Where to Eat
Go on a tour of Miami’ foodie scene with our top picks for family-friendly places to eat in Miami. We’ve included top picks for every appetite and attractions nearby so you can sightsee while you taste your way through Miami’s culinary destinations. No judgement.
Fun Info from a Local
- The only Everglades eco-system in the world is located in Miami (worth a trip JUST for that!).
- Miami officially became a city in 1896 when Julia Tuttle encouraged railroad development in the area making Miami the only major US city to be founded by a woman.
- Miami Beach is home to the world’s largest concentration of Art Deco architecture.
- The inventor of suntan lotion was a pharmacist from Miami Beach named Benjamin Green. His formula was branded as Coppertone.
- Miami Beach is largely man-made. It was a mangrove swamp before development started in the 1920s.
Share your adventure with us!
Tag us when you upload photos from your trip to Instagram: @SmartDestinations or #GoCityCard.