With lots of fun, patriotic-themed activities and attractions, Orlando is a fun place to spend 4th of July weekend with family and friends.
From theme park extravaganzas to fireworks, if you’re looking for things to do in Orlando 4th of July 2016, check out our list of the best local activities and attractions, including…
- LEGOLAND® Florida Night Lights
- I-Drive 360 Orlando
- Independence Day at SeaWorld® Orlando
- Fireworks at the Fountain
- and more…
Save on Attraction Admission
Regular admission to a number of the below fun Orlando attractions are included on the Go Orlando® Card or Orlando Explorer Pass.
Choose as you go from dozens of top attractions and save up to 55% on combined admission vs paying at the gate.
See all available passes, attractions & prices – Learn more.
Please note, the special events taking place at these attractions may be separately ticketed and not included on Go Orlando Card passes.
LEGOLAND® Florida Night Lights
LEGOLAND® Florida Resort celebrates 4th of July Weekend with a special instance of their summer “Night Lights” event.
Celebrate summer and let kids stay up late at LEGOLAND Florida with this delightful festivity. The kids will especially enjoy new character encounters, a scavenger hunt, a glow-in-the-dark dance party, and more!
- When: July 4, 2016 (fireworks at 9:00 pm)
- Where: LEGOLAND, 1 LEGOLAND Way, Winter Haven, Fl 33884
Head to I-Drive Orlando
Head to I-Drive, one of Orlando’s top entertainment destination, for “360-degrees of fun”. It’s the perfect place to get in lots of summer fun.
Attraction highlights include:
- The Orlando Eye: take a spin on the largest observation wheel on the East Coast and get unbeatable views of downtown Orlando and beyond.
- Madame Tussauds: get ready to pose with life-like wax representations of all your favorite celebs.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium: walk through the acrylic sea tunnel inside the new Orlando aquarium (don’t forget to look up!).
- Skeletons: Animals Unveiled!: get closer-than-close to real bones, skeletons, structures, and more for an entertaining, educational experience.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: from authentic shrunken heads, to bizarre natural occurrences, Ripley’s in Orlando has one of the most fascinating collections of artifacts and exhibits.
- Congo River Adventure Golf: get in some classic, and hit a round of adventure golf at Congo River.
Each of these International-Drive attractions listed above are available on the Orlando Explorer Pass.
Red, Hot, & Boom in Altamonte Springs
Each year, the city of Altamonte Springs, Florida puts on one of Orlando’s biggest 4th of July Fireworks Shows set to a patriotic score.
With food, games, live music, and some of today’s hottest stars, there’s no wonder this event is one of the most popular.
- When: Sunday, July 3, 2016
- Where: Cranes Roost Park, 274 Cranes Roost Blvd, Altamonte Springs, Fl 32701
Lakeridge Winery Summer Music Series
The Lakeridge Winery invites guests to come sip some wine and enjoy live, outdoor music by some of the area’s most talented jazz musicians.
Lakeridge wine, beer, soft drinks, and a variety of food will be available for purchase along with complimentary winery tours and tastings. Free admission!
- When: Saturday, July 2, 2016 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Where: Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards, 19239 U.S. 27 North, Clermont, Fl 34715
Independence Day at SeaWorld® Orlando
As a part of SeaWorld Orlando’s Summer Nights, when the park stays open for extended hours, SeaWorld Orlando will feature an extravagant fireworks show timed to patriotic music played by a nine piece band with 25 singers.
Guests will also enjoy watching the Florida National Guard’s 13th Army Band and their patriotic-inspired show.
The 4th of July Summer Nights event is included with general admission.
- When: July 4, 2016 @ 10:00 pm
- Where: SeaWorld Orlando, 7007 SeaWorld Drive, Orlando, Fl 32821
Please note, SeaWorld Orlando admission is available when you Build Your Own Pass.
An All-American 4th of July in Celebration, FL
The Celebration Town Center is putting on an All American 4th of July event in Celebration, Florida.
This event will feature live music, inflatable games for kids, a tribute to our veterans, and a fireworks spectacular synchronized to a patriotic soundtrack.
You’ll also enjoy a performance by the Celebration Chorus and Mac McAnally live in concert.
- When: July 4, 2016
- Where: Celebration Town Center, 701 Front Street, Celebration, Florida
Kennedy Space Center
Get in the patriotic spirit and explore NASA’s headquarters and all things space at the Kennedy Space Center.
Tour launch areas, see giant rockets, and train in spaceflight simulators. Guests have the opportunity to come face-to-face with a real astronaut ever day of the year during a half-hour, interactive Q&A-oriented program designed to appeal to children and adults.
It’s the only place on Earth where you can tour launch areas, see giant rockets and train in spaceflight simulators.
Be sure to check The Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit, which tells the story of NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program by letting guests tour the historic spacecraft.
Fireworks at the Fountain
Orlando Mayor, Buddy Dyer, invites you to attend Fireworks at the Fountain for July 4th, 2016.
There will be live music and entertainment, activities for kids, and food and beverage available for purchase.
Insider tip: arrive early to get a good spot to view the fireworks.
- When: Monday, July 4, 2016 from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm (fireworks at 9:10 pm)
- Where: Lake Eola Park, 512 East Washington Street, Orlando, Fl 32801
Remember Save on Admission
So there you have it. Our list of some fun and exciting things to do in the Orlando area this 4th of July weekend that will be great for the whole family.
Remember, many of these great options are available on the Go Orlando Card or Orlando Explorer Pass, where you can save on combined admission vs paying at the gate.
Please note, the 4th of July events taking place at some of these attractions may be separately ticketed and not included with the Go Orlando Card or Orlando Explorer Pass.
Consider adding a few of these fun options to your summer vacation itinerary.