Getting around Boston by car (or "cah") is not for the faint of heart. Luckily, Boston happens to be one of country's most bike-friendly cities. Get your blood pumping as you explore parts of Boston off the beaten path, from the North End to Fenway Park.
Skip the rental car and get to know Boston via bike! Not only is it a great way to work off all those Boston Cream Pies and bowls of clam “chowdah” you’ll devour on your trip, but it’s also environmentally friendly (you’ll soon learn that Boston is a very green city) and gets you up close to the beautiful parts of the city that you simply can’t see from your car. This Boston City View Bicycle Tour, brought to you by Urban AdvenTours, takes you from the Italian North End and historic Beacon Hill neighborhoods, up to Fenway Park—home of the “Red Sox Nation” and through the affluent Back Bay. Here’s a look at some of the highlights you’ll see along this classic 2.5 hour Boston tour:
- TD Garden: Home of the incredible Boston Celtics, “The Garden” is a highly recognizable landmark in Boston’s beautiful skyline.
- Beacon Hill: Home to many of Boston’s politicians, the “Cheers” bar, and the Massachusetts State House complete with its recognizable gold-leaf dome.
- Charles River Esplanade and Hatch Shell: The place to bike and jog in Boston, this path takes you along the Charles River, directly across from MIT in Cambridge. The Hatch Shell is a popular open-air concert arena right on the river.
- Fenway Park: The oldest baseball stadium in the country, home of the Boston Red Sox and the legendary Green Monster.
- Boston Museum of Fine Arts: A beautiful structure situation in the Fenway neighborhood that houses thousands of international masterpieces, as well as a new “Art of the Americas” wing with classic Revolutionary War items.
- Boston Common & Theater District: Boston’s beautiful and world-famous public garden space is the oldest city park in the United States. Just adjacent is the Theater District where popular plays and musicals are performed in the historic playhouses.
Urban AdvenTours’ signature bike tour of Boston lets you enjoy the real flavor of the city while giving you the chance to get outdoors and make the most of beautiful Boston in its warmer months. Let Urban AdvenTours show you all the highlights of the city and send you home with a great appreciation for Beantown! The Boston City View Bicycle Tour covers approximately 10 miles, and all riders are given a helmet, individually-fitted bike, and water. Consider bringing your own snacks or sports drinks.
Urban AdvenTours is located across the street from Christopher Columbus Park (the park next to the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel). Present your admission pass to the ticket agent, get your AdvenTour going and enjoy
Reservations are not required but are encouraged due to the tour's popularity. Call the shop at (617) 670-0637 at least 2 hours prior to your desired tour time. Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the tour to be sized for a bike and fill out paperwork.
March 2 - November 30: Daily
103 Atlantic Avenue
Blue Line to the Aquarium stop. Exit the station and walk towards the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel and Christopher Columbus Park. Turn right down Atlantic Avenue and arrive at 103.
Reviews for Boston City View Bike Tour by Urban AdvenTours