Boston is so old it was not designed for cars … so why see it that way? This leisurely ride on paved bike paths takes you by Boston's most scenic waterways, including the historic Charles River and Boston Harbor. Ideal for families or inexperienced riders.
Urban AdvenTours gives you the unique chance to see Boston’s beautiful waterways, from the Charles River to the Boston Harbor, and everything in-between—on both the Boston and Cambridge sides of the river! You’ll also get to visit the Charlestown Navy Yard and see Bunker Hill Monument. Take this great opportunity to get out in the open air, get some exercise and do your part for the environment while seeing everything the beautiful city of Boston has to offer! This tour is family-friendly and great for riders of any level. Here’s a look at some of the city’s highlights you will see on the Urban AdvenTours Tour de Boston, in addition to the stunning views of Boston from along the Charles River:
- The Emerald Necklace: A 1,100-acre chain of parks linked by parkways and waterways that includes Boston Common, Jamaica Pond, Franklin Park (home to Franklin Park Zoo), and the Back Bay Fens
- Charles River Esplanade and Hatch Shell: A beautiful park spanning the length of the Charles River in Boston, and a popular hangout spot for bikers, rollerbladers and joggers. Provides great views of Cambridge, including Harvard and MIT
- The North End: Boston's oldest residential neighborhood, popular for its strong Italian heritage and such landmarks as the Paul Revere House
- Rose Kennedy Greenway: A beautiful downtown park and recreation area, and site of the infamous “Big Dig” construction debacle, completed in 2004
- The Zakim Bridge: A unique and architecturally grand cable bridge spanning the Charles River near Charlestown
- The USS Constitution ('Old Ironsides'): The world’s oldest floating commissioned naval vessel, originally launched in 1797
- The Bunker Hill Monument: A 221-foot obelisk erected between 1827 and 1843 in Charlestown to commemorate the Battle of Bunker Hill- the first major conflict between British and Patriot forces
Urban AdvenTours Tour de Boston includes an individually-fitted bike, helmet, water, and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide who will lead you along this well-planned path. The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours. The designated meeting location for Tour de Boston is on Atlantic Avenue in Boston’s North End (exact details to be provided upon ticket purchase). As the Urban AdvenTours website puts it, “this family friendly tour is guaranteed to be a 'wheely' good time!”
Urban AdvenTours is located across the street from Christopher Columbus Park (the park next to the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel). Present your admission pass to the ticket agent, get your AdvenTour going and enjoy!
Reservations are not required but are encouraged due to the tour's popularity. Call the shop at (617) 670-0637 at least 2 hours prior to your desired tour time. Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the tour to be sized for a bike and fill out paperwork.
April 1-October 31: Daily at 2 pm
103 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110
Take the T: Blue Line to the Aquarium stop. Exit the station and walk towards the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel and Christopher Columbus Park. Turn right down Atlantic Avenue and arrive at 103.
Reviews for Tour de Boston - Bike Tour by Urban AdvenTours