The Field Museum tickets
The Field Museum takes visitors through 4.6 billion years of natural history inspiring curiosity about life on Earth.
Featuring more than 35 permanent exhibits and SUE, the world’s most complete T. rex, this world-renowned natural history museum is an absolute must-do.
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
Established in 1893, The Field Museum is one of the world’s most famous museums with 4.6 billion years of natural history under one roof.
Your Field Museum ticket includes admission to all permanent exhibitions, including:
- SUE the T. rex: Get an up-close look at the largest, most complete T. rex in the world.
- The Tsavo Lions: Learn all about Africa’s famous man-eating lions of Tsavo that inspired the famous film The Ghost and the Darkness.
- Inside Ancient Egypt: Descend into an ancient Egyptian tomb where 23 Egyptian mummies and 5,000 year old hieroglyphics reside.
- Evolving Planet: Wander through 4 billion years of life on Earth through the land of the dinosaurs and check out the McDonald Fossil Prep lab where The Field Museum’s fossils are prepared for display.
- DNA Discovery Center: Watch research firsthand and observe scientists extract DNA from various creatures and ask questions.
- Grainger Hall of Gems: See exquisite rare jewels and gold objects in one of the largest collections of gems and stones in the world.
Plus, admission to the following ticketed exhibitions:
- Underground Adventure: shrink down to 1/100th of your size (smaller than a penny) and get a bug’s-eye view of the world in a fascinating and educational immersive exhibit.
Insider tip: Download The Field Museum’s mobile app to get the most out of your museum visit with exclusive content and even curated tours.
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on The Field Museum tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
For fastest access to the Museum, Build Your Own Pass holders should enter the Museum at the south entrance and proceed to the will-call ticket desk.
Daily, 9:00 am-5:00 pm. Last admission at 4:00 pm.
During spring breaks, summers, holidays, and special occasions, the Museum frequently extends or shortens hours.
Please check the website
or call for details.
Christmas Day. All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
With the exception of “Underground Adventure,” special exhibits are not typically included. Additional admission upgrade may be paid at Museum based on availability.
1400 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
From the city, north of the Field Museum: Take Lake Shore Drive (US-41) south past Grant Park. Continue south until the 18th street exit. Turn left on 18th street and continue as it bends left, becoming Museum Campus Drive. Entrance to the parking garage will be on your left on Museum Campus Drive.
From the city, south of the Field Museum: Take Lake Shore Drive (US-41) north. Continue on Lake Shore Drive until the 18th street exit. Turn right on 18th street and continue as it bends left, becoming Museum Campus Drive. Entrance to the parking garage will be on your left on Museum Campus Drive.
CTA Trains: Take the Red, Green or Orange line to Roosevelt, transfer to an eastbound #146 Roosevelt bus which will drop you off acrss the street from the Field Museum.
CTA buses: #146 stops along Michigan Avenue north of the river and on State south of it provide regular daily service directly to a stop across from the Field Museum;
CTA bus #6, the Jeffery Express, also stops on State Street between Wacker and Congress. This bus stops at Roosevelt Road and Columbus Drive. Cross Columbus Drive and walk east through the Museum Campus to reach The Field Museum.
For transit information call (312) 836-7000.
Reviews for The Field Museum