Reuben H. Fleet Science Center with IMAX Movie tickets
Play scientist for a day at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center by engineering skyscrapers, creating colored shadows, touching a tornado and examining images from the Hubble Space Telescope. Little ones will love Kid City, with its conveyor belts and cranes. Bonus: multiple IMAX films screen daily and a pass to see one is included with admission!
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is a scientific complex, full of fascinating, hands-on learning experiences for visitors of all ages. It is also home to the world’s first IMAX Dome Theater, presenting the biggest films on earth! Stop by and try your hand at designing images with a sand pendulum, analyzing the vibrations of guitar strings, or just learning something new about our universe.
Here’s a look at some of the amazing exhibitions at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center:
- The Art of the Brick: Visit the world’s largest display of LEGO® art and see creations made by contemporary artist, Nathan Sawaya. His masterpieces, including a 20-foot T.rex dinosaur skeleton and a LEGO® version of Van Gogh’s Starry Night, transform over one million of the iconic building blocks into impressive works of art. Get inspired and create your own LEGO® art at the Fit-A-Brick Building Zone.
- Look! Touch! Listen!: Located throughout the entire Science Center are fun interactive science exhibits that will test your knowledge, engage your senses and maybe surprise you with what you discover about the world around you. Our hands-on exhibits are designed for all ages and cover a wide variety of science phenomena from perception and astronomy to electricity and technology. You’re sure to discover something new you didn’t know!
- Power Play San Diego: Built exclusively for the Fleet, Power Play San Diego challenges visitors try to keep the power grid in balance while maximizing the use of renewable energy sources. When you're in charge of the grid, you'll have the responsibility of delivering power from the production sources to homes, offices, schools and other businesses in San Diego. Try to keep the power grid in balance—and avoid a blackout!
- Tinkering Studio: Join us in the Tinkering Studio to channel your inner Leonardo da Vinci or Thomas Edison and explore a full spectrum of STEAM activities; Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics. Guests of all ages are invited to work collaboratively on daily projects and challenges that are designed to help you innovate, think critically and expand the limits of what can be created.
- BLOCK BUSTERS!: This exhibit lets you play engineer and build free-form structures such as skyscrapers and bridges, using thousands of wooden planks with no glue or connectors! You’ll be amazed at the sturdiness of these structures and will learn some of the secrets of engineering that prevent big buildings from toppling. Hands-on fun for all ages!
- Kid City: Let your little ones test their real-world skills as they check out the different systems and processes that make the world go ‘round! From conveyor belts and cranes to shopping carts and nutrition models, “Kid City” is a great place for parent-guided exploration and learning.
- Origins in Space: This comprehensive photographic collection examines the history of NASA and its massive aeronautical and scientific accomplishments. The impact of these accomplishments comes alive by showing how these scientific discoveries have impacted our everyday lives. Check out View Space, which lets you see the latest images from the space mission, including photos from the Hubble Space Telescope, which are downloaded daily and shown on a plasma screen!
- Cellular Journey: A new exhibition that teaches about human cell biology, as well as the impact of stem cells on medical research. Explore the unseen world of cells and check out real human tissue under a microscope.
- So Watt: An Illuminating Look at Energy An enlightening look at energy conversion, conservation, and the science behind everyday appliances!
- San Diego’s Water: From Source to Tap: Learn where this city’s water actually comes from and how it's delivered across the metropolitan area. Get your hands wet as you learn about conservation and preservation—great for all ages.
- Aging for All Ages: Learn about the choices we are faced with on a daily basis and how even the simple ones can help you stay healthy and youthful! Compare old and young tissue samples through a microscope. See what you will look like at 70 at the face-morphing exhibit!
Bonus: The Heikoff Giant Dome Theater in the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center screens multiple IMAX films throughout the day. Your admission pass includes a screening for a film! After your hands-on learning experience, let your imagination run wild as you relax in the world’s largest IMAX Dome Theater and catch a science-themed flick!
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on Reuben H. Fleet Science Center with IMAX Movie tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
Head to the ticketing counter and present your Pass for same-day admission plus one daytime IMAX film (subject to availability).
Daily, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm or later.
Open 365 days a year
Film tickets are subject to availability; some shows sell out in advance. There is no late seating for any film or planetarium show. Passes are not valid for special engagements or events, such as Fridays at the Fleet. Tickets are valid for same day admission only.
1875 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101
Space Theater Way off of Park Boulevard, close to I-5, 163, and 94.
Reviews for Reuben H. Fleet Science Center plus IMAX