Two Hour Harbor Tour by Flagship Cruises tickets
San Diego has always been vital for naval and maritime activities. Find out why, with a harbor tour that includes aircraft carriers, a submarine base and the famous USS Midway. A harbor tour on the bay is one of our favorite ways to see the San Diego coastline. Don’t forget your camera, since you’ll enjoy sweeping views of the city and the Coronado Bridge.
San Diego sits astride the magnificent Pacific Ocean, and given the area’s natural beauty, it’s no wonder this waterfront gem has earned the nickname of “America’s Finest City”. Some of its most stunning assets are its water features and landmarks that remind of its rich naval and maritime past. Flagship Cruises allows you to make the most of San Diego’s prime location, bringing you a breathtaking two-hour harbor tour of both the city’s North and South Harbors and covering 25 miles of scenery! Here’s a look at what you’ll see on your Flagship Cruises Harbor Tour:
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
- North Island Naval Air Station: The home port of multiple US naval aircraft carriers.
- Naval Submarine Base: A hub of naval activity and the homeport of many US submarines.
- Fort Rosecrans Cemetery: Named after a Union general in the Civil War, this cemetery holds the remains of many of America’s notable officers from 19th century conflicts with Mexico and from World War II battles fought in the Pacific region.
- 1863 Star of India and Maritime Museum Vessels: Many of the world’s most important historic vessels are housed here, including the Star of India, the world’s oldest active sailing ship, built in the UK in 1863.
- Cabrillo National Monument and Point Loma Lighthouse: A beautiful park that memorializes the first known European explorer to set foot on the Pacific Coast of America in 1542. The lonely and historic lighthouse has been in existence since 1842, and your Flagship Cruise tour guide will tell you all about it.
- Sea Lions and Dolphin Training Center: The US Naval Marine Mammal Training Center prepares marine animals to take on such tasks as harbor protection, mine detection and clearance, and equipment recovery. Animals trained here have been deployable since the Vietnam War.
USS Midway: A world-famous aircraft, commissioned in 1945 that went on to become the lead ship in its class, active in the Vietnam War and Operation Desert Storm.
- Coronado Bay Bridge: A steel girder bridge that crosses the Coronado Bay and links San Diego with Coronado, and is part of State Route 75.
- NASSCO Shipbuilding Facility: The home facility of the National Steel and Shipbuilding Company, specializing in the construction of commercial cargo ships as well as auxiliary vessels for the US Navy since 1959.
On your exciting Flagship Cruise through San Diego’s fascinating maritime past, you will also lay eyes on the Naval Amphibious Base, which is the training center for the US Navy Seals, as well as various fleets of destroyers, frigates and cruisers. Get ready to learn all about America’s proud naval history as well as the history of the beautiful San Diego area, and how these two harbors have played a prominent role in the shaping of California history.
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on Two Hour Harbor Tour by Flagship Cruises tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
Proceed to the Flagship Cruises awning on the water front (990 North Harbor Drive). Present your Pass for entry. Board the ship and enjoy!
Daily departures at 10:00 am, 11:15 am, 12:30 pm, 1:45 pm, 3:00 pm and *4:15 pm
*Summer only (Memorial Day weekend-September 28th)
All cruises are weather permitting. May be closed major U.S. holidays.
990 N Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101
From I-5 S, exit at Front Street. Turn right at Broadway. We are at the end of Broadway, just south of the entrance to Broadway Pier. From I-5 N, exit at Hawthorn Street/Airport. Turn left at North Harbor Drive. Continue on North Harbor Drive until you reach Broadway Pier, our ticket booth is located just south of the pier entrance. Parking is available next door or across the street off of Pacific Highway.
Reviews for Two Hour Harbor Tour by Flagship Cruises