Museum of Making Music tickets
At the Museum of Making Music, visitors can see, hear, and interact with over a century of musical history! The museum highlights the musical instrument innovations that played key roles in shaping American popular music, from the invention of the player piano and the development of ragtime music in the 1890s, to the versatility of modern digital instruments that influenced the New Wave music of the 1980s.
The Go San Diego Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
The museum displays over 500 vintage instruments and offers hundreds of audio and video examples at the touch of a button. The Museum of Making Music also features a unique interactive area where visitors can play over a dozen instruments, including electric drums, a digital piano, a Theremin, electric guitars, and more!
Here are a few themes that you will experience at the permanent exhibits of the Museum of Making Music:
- Popular Music: The genres and tunes that defined each era from 1900 to today.
- Musical Instrument Innovations: Key advances in musical instruments.
- Manufacturing: The ever-evolving world of instrument manufacturing.
- Distribution: How instruments, accessories and products made their way to stores and consumers.
- Marketing: The many ways in which businesses communicate with the public.
- Music Retail: A look at the music stores, shops and individuals who brought us our musical instruments.
- NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants: The role of the 111-year-old trade association in supporting and promoting the music products industry.
Your pass includes Museum of Making Music tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Present your pass at the admissions counter. Not valid with
other offers. Not applicable to special events.
Tuesday–Sunday, 10:00 am–5:00 pm.
Mondays. May be closed major U.S. holidays.
5790 Armada Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
From San Diego: Travel North on Interstate 5. Exit at Palomar Airport Road and turn right (east). Travel approximately 1/4 mile and turn left at Armada Drive. The Museum is at the top of the hill on the right side of the road. From Orange County: Travel South on Interstate 5. Exit at Palomar Airport Road and turn left (east). Travel approximately 1/4 mile and turn left at Ar- mada Dr. The Museum is at the top of the hill on the right side of the road.
Reviews for Museum of Making Music