Legion of Honor tickets
The Legion of Honor, a three-quarter scale adaptation of the 18th-century Palais de la Legion d'Honneur in Paris, is one of San Francisco's most beautiful museums. Built to commemorate Californian soldiers who died in World War I, the Legion of Honor is a neoclassical building located in San Francisco's Lincoln Park. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Golden Gate Bridge and all of San Francisco, the Legion is noted for its breathtaking setting. The museum displays a collection of over 4,000 years of ancient and European art and houses the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts.
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
What will you see at the Legion of Honor? Highlights of the collections include works by El Greco, Peter Paul Rubens, Auguste Rodin, Rembrandt van Rijn, Claude Monet and Fra Angelico. Perhaps Rodin's best-known monumental work, the Thinker, dominates the Legion's outdoor Court of Honor. Don’t miss these additional highlights:
- European Paintings: El Greco, Saint John the Baptist, ca. 1600; Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, The Empire of Flora, ca. 1743; Rembrandt van Rijn, Joris de Caulerij, 1632; Claude Monet, Water Lilies, ca. 1914–1917; Georges de La Tour, Old Woman and Old Man, ca. 1618–1619.
- Ancient Art: Seneb, the royal scribe, ca. 1938-1850 BC, Egypt. Painted wood (probably sycamore)
- Period Room: Salon Doré from the Hôtel de la Trémoille, Paris, ca. 1781, France. Gilt and painted wood, plaster, stone, mercury gilded glass.
The Legion of Honor also houses a café which features a variety of American and European classic menu items. Visitors may also be interested in visiting the Legion of Honor Museum Store, which boasts a distinguished variety of art history books, home décor items, classic jewelry and fine art gifts that mirror the works inside the museum.
Admission tickets to the Legion of Honor include same-day general admission to the de Young museum in Golden Gate Park (special exhibition fees not included).
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on Legion of Honor tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
Proceed to the Legion of Honor main entrance. Go to the admission desk on the left-hand side and present your Pass to a ticket agent for entry. Be sure to get your Pass back from the staff as you will need it to access your other attractions.
Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30 am-5:15 pm
Mondays, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
- Admission ticket to the Legion of Honor may be used on the same day for free entrance to the de Young Museum
- Special ticketed exhibitions may have an extra charge
- Children (12 and under) are admitted for free
100 34th Avenue & Clement Street
San Francisco, CA 94121
Parking is available around the fountain in front of the museum and along El Camino del Mar on the north side of the building.
The Legion of Honor is accessible via bus lines #18, #38 and #1.
Reviews for Legion of Honor