No visit to Dubai is complete without visiting the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. At 2,716.5 feet tall, the Burj Khalifa holds many world records, including having the most floors, tallest free-standing structure, highest occupied floor, highest outdoor observation deck, elevator with the longest travel distance, tallest art gallery, and more.
As the tallest building, the Burj Khalifa offers the best views of the Dubai skyline and beyond from its observation deck. When you step out of the elevators and onto the observation deck, you’ll have 360-degree views of the entire city, surrounding desert, and ocean as you walk around the deck and take in the views from the At the Top experience’s floor-to-ceiling windows.
Looking for At the Top – Burj Khalifa Discount Tickets?
We’ve got you covered. At the Top – Burj Khalifa admission is available with the money-saving options below. Choose a sightseeing pass that gets you into At the Top – Burj Khalifa and everything else in Dubai you want to do.
Sightseeing passes that include admission to At the Top – Burj Khalifa:
- All-Inclusive Pass – Visit as many included as you want for the duration of your pass.
- Explorer Pass – Choose attractions as you go. Includes admission to up to 10 attractions.
- Build Your Own Pass – Select the attractions you want to visit before you go to Dubai.
See all available passes, attractions, and prices – Learn more.
Please note: SKY access is not included on Go Dubai Card sightseeing passes; you can upgrade your Burj Khalifa admission to include SKY access to levels 124, 125, and 148 which includes the outdoor terrace on floor 148 and a guided tour when you arrive at the At the Top – Burj Khalifa ticket counter.
Tips for Visiting At the Top – Burj Khalifa
- When to go: to avoid the largest crowds, plan to visit At the Top – Burj Khalifa on a weekday.
- For the best photos: the best views and lighting for photos are right before sunset – stay for the sunset and you’ll get both daytime and evening views of the Dubai skyline. Or, if you want to get a surreal photo of the city in the clouds, from above the clouds, try to visit during a foggy morning.
- Bring your camera and a selfie stick. Make sure your camera has a full charge or pack a set of backup batteries before you go – you’ll be snapping lots of photos.
- Use the on-site telescopes to help identify the Burj Khalifa’s surrounding buildings and points of interest.
What to Do
- Ride the ‘travelator,’ a 65-meter long elevator ride traveling at 10 meters per second that takes you up to the observation floors. On the ride up, you’ll watch an informative multi-media display that walks you through the earliest days of Dubai to the building’s construction all the way to present-day Dubai, filling you in on some of the city’s important history and significant moments, including how the Burj Khalifa serves as an important icon of the Middle East.
- After you look around the 124th floor, climb the spiral staircase to the 125th floor where you’ll be 456 meters above ground and can roam around the spacious deck tastefully decorated in Arabic mashrabiya.
- Explore the ‘Dubai – A Falcon’s Eye View’ exhibit on the 125th floor observation deck, an exhibit that puts all of Dubai’s major landmarks in perspective compared to the Burj Khalifa and provides a bird’s-eye-view of the city.
- Look through the deck’s advanced telescopes featuring full HD cameras and high zoom (located on both the 124th and 125th floors) for an interactive way to see the lights and identify and learn about the landmarks you can see.
- Have any questions? Don’t hesitate to ask Guest Ambassadors on hand to answer questions and provide context and fun trivia about some of the sights you’ll see.
- Watch The Dubai Fountain show and enjoy the aerial view from At the Top – you can hear the fountain performance soundtrack from At the Top for a fully immersive experience.
- Check out the lobby of The Residence at Burj Khalifa. A sculpture named ‘World Voices,’ designed by Jaume Plensa, features 196 cymbal instruments that sound when water drops from the ceiling – the sounds they create are meant to sound like the voices of people around the world.
- The lobby of the Armani Hotel Dubai was designed by Giorgio Armani himself, be sure to check it out to experience the luxury of the Burj Khalifa.
At the Top – Burj Khalifa tickets feature two different experiences:
- At the Top – Burj Khalifa: access to levels 124 and 125 which are the main observation decks (included as an attraction choice on Go Dubai Card sightseeing passes!)
- At the Top – Burj Khalifa| SKY: access to levels 124, 125, and 148 which includes access to the outdoor terrace on the 148th floor and a guided tour (Please note: SKY access is not included with Go Dubai Card sightseeing pass admission; however, you can upgrade your ticket to include SKY access when you get to the ticket counter upon arrival.)
- Burj Khalifa was featured in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, the 4th of the Mission Impossible series, where you can see Tom Cruise scaling the side of the building.
- The Burj Khalifa is the world’s first Armani Hotel with luxury accents and designs, like fabrics and furniture, of Giorgio Armani.
- It’s one of the most photographed buildings in the world.
- The construction of the Burj Khalifa, from excavation to its televised unveiling, took 6 years to complete.
- If you weighed the total amount of concrete used in the building’s construction, it was approximately equal the weight of 100,000 elephants.
- The tower features a Condensate Collection System that collects condensation from the tower’s air-conditioning systems and irrigates the building’s gardens.
- When you visit you’ll get to ride in the world’s fastest double deck elevators that take you to the observation deck.
- The structure of the Burj Khalifa features a design that embodies the structure of the Hymenocallis, or, Spider Lily flower.
The Burj Khalifa is considered the anchor of the Downtown Dubai community; it’s close to lots of attractions, restaurants, shops, and more, including some of our top picks:
Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo – Researcher Experience: visit one of the largest suspended aquariums in the world, home to over 140 species of aquatic animals, to learn about and get up close to thousands of sea animals, including sharks, rays, crocodiles, and more.
Dubai Ice Rink: Public Skating Session: lace up a pair of rental skates and glide around an Olympic-sized ice rink for a 105-minute public skating session without ever leaving The Dubai Mall!
The Green Planet: this fully-immersive vertical tropical forest features four levels of varying ecosystems, complete with plant and animal life, like butterflies, frogs, tropical birds, insects, and more.
Hub Zero: this entertainment hub is a virtual gamers dream come true. Features multiple levels of highly immersive and interactive games, thrill rides, and more, you’re not just playing the games, you’re in them. Here, you’ll be able to put all of your skills, from real life to virtual gaming, to the test at the various stations within Hub Zero.
Mattel Play! Town: this innovative attraction features immersive ‘edu-play’ scenarios where kids can participate in simulated ‘real-life’ experiences with hands-on activities that require problem-solving skills, teamwork, creativity, and social skills. Mattel Play! Town is geared towards visitors ages 2-10.
Hysteria Haunted House: take a walk through the dark side, located right in The Dubai Mall, at Hysteria Haunted House and see if you can make it out unscathed by this mansion’s evil residents. (Please note: this attraction is intended for visitors age 18+).
Places to Eat Nearby
If you want to grab a bite to eat before or after you visit the observation decks, here are our recommendations:
Rainforest Cafe – Dubai Mall: more than a restaurant, Rainforest Cafe – Dubai Mall, is a tropical adventure. Use your Go Dubai Card All-Inclusive Pass, Explorer Pass, or add it to your Build Your Own Pass to get your choice of a meal and enjoy the entertaining atmosphere that surrounds you.
Eataly Dubai Mall: experience the culinary best of Italy without leaving the Middle East – poke around the various stations and go on a flavor-filled adventure through Italy.
Markette: with a French-inspired menu and trendy/upscale ambiance, Markette is one of the top-rated places to eat within the Dubai Mall.
Arabian Culinary Experience at Al Hallab: head here for as authentic as it gets Lebanese cuisine for an Arabian culinary experience and enjoy outdoor terrace views of Burj Khalifa, the Fountains, and Dubai Opera.
Need to Know
Hours: Open daily starting at 8:30 am
Getting your tickets: When you arrive at Burj Khalifa, you’ll receive a timed ticket for admission to the Burj Khalifa – based on availability, it might be at a later time in the day or on a later date.
At the Top, Burj Khalifa / Level: Lower Ground Floor, The Dubai Mall
Parking: Cinema Parking (Green), P1
Save on Admission Tickets with a Go Dubai Card All-Inclusive Pass
Remember, the Go Dubai Card All-Inclusive Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and sightseeing flexibility in Dubai. Choose from over 35 included attractions, like At the Top – Burj Khalifa, and get admission to all of Dubai’s top attractions.
Save up to 55% on top museums, tours, and activities vs. paying at the gate. Visit multiple Dubai attractions for one low price.