Heading to Las Vegas and starting to research and decide on which things to do?
As the “Entertainment Capital of the World”, Vegas has lots of fun activities, famous (and infamous) attractions, diverse neighborhoods to explore, and more geared towards making your visit to Las Vegas memorable.
There’s fun for everyone in Las Vegas. Whether you’re traveling with kids-in-tow, planning a romantic getaway, celebrating with friends, or going solo, our helpful travel guides will help you make the most of your time in Las Vegas.
What are some popular attractions to visit?
- Big Bus Las Vegas Hop On Hop Off Tour – A must for first time visitors, this open-top sightseeing tour showcases many of the best landmarks and attractions.
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas – This world famous interactive wax museum features eight unique rooms of some of your favorite stars and celebrities.
- VEGAS! THE SHOW – When in Vegas be sure to catch a show at V Theater, home to some of the best entertainment on the Strip.
- High Roller Observation Wheel at the LINQ – Shining bright on the Las Vegas Strip, the 550-foot-tall observation wheel offers stunning, 360-degree views of downtown Las Vegas and beyond.
- Hoover Dam Tour – The Hoover Dam is a must-see modern engineering marvel and one of the top sightseeing attractions around.
These are just a few. Want more fun ideas for things to do in Las Vegas Head over here for more Vegas attractions to see during your trip.
How long are you visiting?
Whether you’re visiting Las Vegas for 24-hours or a long weekend, we’ve put together sample itineraries that include all the most popular things to do in the city.
From all-around-the-city tours to iconic experiences, these itineraries give you the best Las Vegas experience based on the time you have.
Who are you visiting with?
No matter who you’re traveling with, whether it’s a family vacation or romantic getaway, there’s no shortage of things to do in Las Vegas.
We’ve put together a list of top attractions and activities geared towards every type of traveler, from kid-friendly to bachelorette party.
- Things to Do in Las Vegas for Couples
- Things to Do in Las Vegas for Teens
- Things to Do in Las Vegas with Kids
- Las Vegas Bachelorette Party Ideas
- more coming soon!
What type of activities interest you?
Whether you’re looking for a classic ‘Las Vegas experience’ or don’t want to even step foot inside a casino, our Las Vegas insiders put together a few ‘best of’ lists to inspire and help you streamline your itinerary.
- Things to Do in Las Vegas Besides Gamble
- Things to Do in Las Vegas During the Day
- Visiting Las Vegas on a budget
- The Best Las Vegas Pool Parties
- more coming soon!
What parts of Las Vegas are you visiting?
Explore Las Vegas by neighborhood to make the most of your time sightseeing. Aside from the Strip, Las Vegas has a bustling downtown area. We’ve highlighted a handful of top attractions and places to see downtown so you can sightsee strategically.
- Las Vegas Neighborhoods Guide
- Things to Do off the Strip – Container Park in Las Vegas
- more coming soon!
When are you visiting?
Though a top destination year-round, Las Vegas offers visitors a different experience with each season and type of weather.
Check out our lists of things to do Las Vegas throughout the year to make the most of your itinerary and experience unique, calendar-based events and activities.
- Things to Do in Las Vegas in the Spring
- Things to Do in Las Vegas in the Summer
- Things to Do in Las Vegas this Fall
- Things to Do in Las Vegas in the Winter
What’s the best way to get around?
Las Vegas is easy to navigate and there are lots of options for transportation so getting around to Downtown and Las Vegas Boulevard, known as “The Strip,” is easy. There are tons of taxis and shared ride services available.
Insider tip: most attractions are located along The Strip, which is just over 4 miles.
Public transportation: buses are the most popular way to get around Las Vegas. The RTC bus system has 2 major lines: the Deuce bus line runs along The Strip 24-hour/day with stops at most resorts and the SDX bus line (Strip & Downtown Express) provides service along The Strip from 9:00 am-midnight.
Tip: get the free moovit app for point-to-point trip planning and real-time updates for both subway and bus routes.
Taxis: taxis are available and easy to hail down and shared ride services such as Uber and Lyft are widely available and easy to use.
Hop-on hop-off tours: a hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour (an included attraction option) is a great way to get acquainted with the city. While it shouldn’t be relied on as transportation, it does stop at some popular attractions.
Looking for more info? Check out our post on getting around Las Vegas for tourists.
Where should you stay?
There are plenty of great places to stay in the area. Below are a handful of hotel suggestions located near popular tourist attractions and fun things to do.
- The Cromwell
- Hilton Grand Vacations at The Flamingo
- Caesars Palace
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
- Plaza Hotel & Casino
Where should you shop?
In between sightseeing, try and find time to pick up some souvenirs. Here are a few popular areas to get some shopping in.
- Las Vegas Downtown – Fremont St. Walking Tour
- Las Vegas North Premium Outlets
- Las Vegas South Premium Outlets
- Miracle Mile Shops
- The Forum Shops at Caesars
Where to Eat
Go on a tour of Las Vegas’ foodie scene with our top picks for family-friendly places to eat in Las Vegas and Las Vegas’ top buffets. We’ve included top picks for every appetite and even made note of nearby attractions so you can sightsee while you taste your way through Las Vegas’s culinary destinations. No judgement.
Fun Info from a Local
- The world’s largest neon sign is ‘Vegas Vic,’ the neon cowboy on Fremont Street.
- Getting hitched? There are 300 weddings per day in Las Vegas.
- The Silver Slipper was the first casino on The Strip to hire female card dealers.
- “Las Vegas” in Spanish means “the meadows.”
- Around 1,000 people live in the tunnel system under Las Vegas.
- The Strip technically isn’t in Las Vegas, it’s in Clark County.
Share your adventure with us!
Tag us when you upload photos from your trip to Instagram: @SmartDestinations or #GoCityCard.