Separately ticketed exhibitions are not included.
Museum of Science tickets
Be scientist for the day and explore all things science, technology, engineering, and math at the Museum of Science in Boston, one of the world’s largest science centers and New England’s most attended cultural institution.
The Go Boston Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
With over 700 interactive exhibits, you’ll find hands-on adventures geared towards all ages that ignite curiosity and a greater understanding for the science behind everyday occurrences. You’ll get to watch real chicks hatch, safely witness lightning during one of the museum’s twice daily live shows, get an up-close look at the first space capsule, and more – all while learning through the fun of play about everything from some of the most basic fundamentals of science to more complex concepts still being explored today.
Here’s a look at some exhibit highlights at the Museum of Science:
- Hall of Human Life: step inside the Hall of Human Life, the museum’s new biology exhibition, and take a journey inside the human body. Spanning more than 70 interactive components, the exhibition will revolutionize how you engage with your biology and manage your health.
- Theater of Electricity: Indoor bolts produced by the world’s largest air-insulated Van de Graaff generator explore the science of lightning, conductors, insulators, electricity, magnetism, and storm safety.
- Triceratops Cliff: View a 65-million-year-old fossil that was unearthed in the Dakota Badlands in 2004. It’s one of only four nearly-complete Triceratops on public display in the world!
- Drop-In Activities & Live Presentations: The museum offers a variety of hands-on activities and live presentations daily. Check out their daily schedule to see what’s going on during your visit.
- Live Animal Center: Get a behind-the-scenes peek at some of the animals that star in museum exhibits, Live Animal presentations, and Traveling Programs. The Live Animal Care Center is home to approximately 120 animals representing more than 50 species.
- Charles Hayden Planetarium (upgrade available for purchase): The Charles Hayden Planetarium is the most technologically advanced digital theater in New England and showcases a variety of engaging shows, including the Museum’s newest original production, Inside: NASA: From Dream to Discovery.
- Mugar Omni Theater (upgrade available for purchase): Catch a larger-than-life projection of a five-story IMAX® film exploring topics such as flora, fauna, and faraway places.
- 4-D Theater (upgrade available for purchase): Immerse yourself in a theater complete with special effects, like wind and snow, at this multi-sensory experience featuring an engaging, family-friendly film experience.
- Butterfly Garden (upgrade available for purchase): Walk among the free-flying residents of this warm conservatory overlooking the Charles River filled with exotic plants and living butterflies from New England and across the globe.
Your pass includes Museum of Science tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
To skip the line, go straight to the entrance adjacent to the information desk for Exhibit Halls admission and present your pass for validation. Please note: if you would like to purchase tickets for special exhibitions or venues not included with general Exhibit Halls admission (Mugar Omni Theater, Charles Hayden Planetarium, Butterfly Garden, Thrill Ride, or 4D Theater) please go to the Box Office for assistance. Please visit mos.org for further details.
Saturday-Thursday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm;
Friday, 9:00 am-9:00 pm.
Summer Hours (July 4-Labor Day)
Saturday-Thursday, 9:00 am-7:00 pm;
Friday, 9:00 am-9:00 pm.
*All hours are subject to change without notice. Please visit mos.org/hours for the most up-to-date information.
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Open from 9:00 am-2:00 pm Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas Eve. Holiday hours are subject to change without notice. Visit mos.org/hours
for the most up-to-date information.
The Museum is stroller and wheelchair accessible. Please see mos.org/accessibility
for full details about Accessibility Services available wheelchairs, an assistive listening styem, audio labels, and more.
1 Science Park
Boston, MA 02114
On-site parking garage is available for a fee. Parking garage is wheelchair accessible.
Take the T: Green Line, Lechmere train, to Science Park stop.
Note: Science Park stop is not wheelchair accessible; call the MBTA at (617) 222-5000 for assistance.
Reviews for Museum of Science