This attraction is seasonal and may be closed during your visit. Please see the Details tab for closings.
Boston TV & Movie Sites Tour tickets
Take a TV & movie tour to see Boston’s rich cinematic history and how the city is fast becoming the new Hollywood East. The Boston TV & Movie Sites 2 ½ hour bus tour will take you to spots you’ll recognize from Oscar winning films and award-winning television series including America Hustle, Ted, Good Will Hunting, The Heat, The Town, The Departed and many more.
The Go Boston Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
The following films were completely or largely filmed in Boston, and might be stops on your tour:
- Good Will Hunting: Filmed largely in South Boston (“Southie”), as well as Harvard Square, Boston Public Garden (the Movie Mile), and the campus of MIT and in Charlestown at Bunker Hill Community College
- The Town: Visit Charlestown, the setting for the 2010 action thriller The Town, directed by and starring Ben Affleck, which follows the lives of a group of Boston bank robbers and the law enforcement personnel attempting to stop them.
- The Departed: This Oscar-winning sensation was largely filmed in South Boston and you’ll recognize many locations from the movie scenes
- Mystic River: Mostly filmed in East Boston, Southie, and the Jamaica Plain neighborhood
- Boston Legal: Set in a ritzy building on Boston’s famous Boylston Street
- Cheers: The namesake bar sits on Beacon Street, not far from the State House, and is a regular stop for tourists and those looking for a cold brew, Norm-style
- Legally Blonde: Set at Harvard Law School (although it was largely filmed in Los Angeles)
- Thomas Crown Affair: The movie takes place in Boston. It was filmed throughout eastern Massachusetts with many scenes filmed in Boston including the heist itself (Financial District) and Steve McQueen’s house at 85 Mt. Vernon Street along the Boston Movie Mile
- Charly: Charly is from South Boston and many of the movies’ scenes are filmed there. Other locations include Faneuil Hall, Charlestown and the Public Garden along the Boston Movie Mile
Enjoy a trip through Hollywood’s favorite East Coast location, in the capable hands of a licensed tour guide who knows the ins and outs of the Boston movie scene and is looking to share them with you! Learn why Boston is one of the most popular filming spots in the country with On Location Tours’ Boston TV & Movie Sites Bus Tour
A Go Boston® Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility, which includes discount Boston TV & Movie Sites Tour tickets by On Location Tours, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Your pass includes Boston TV & Movie Sites Tour tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Please present your Go Boston Card at the Boston Common Visitor Center at 139 Tremont St. It will be validated, and returned with a ticket for the tour.
Advanced reservations are highly recommended since this a popular activity and often sells out! Please remember that your pass must be valid on the day of the tour.
Advanced reservations: Please call 212-683-2027 to reserve your seat. A credit card is required to hold your spot. You may cancel free of charge up until 24 hours prior to the tour, but if you do not cancel or show up, then your credit card will be charged for the full price of the tour. On the day of your tour, present your pass at the Boston Common Visitor Center to claim your ticket to board the bus.
Please refer to On Location Tours site for the most up-to-date tour schedule.
Please refer to website for exact schedule.
May be closed during major U.S. holidays.
139 Tremont Street
Boston Common Visitor Center
Boston, MA 02111
Paid parking is available in the garage under the Boston Common.
Take the T: Green or Red Line to Park Street.
Reviews for Boston TV & Movie Sites Tour