Brookfield Zoo tickets
Located just a quick car ride from downtown Chicago, the Brookfield Zoo is actually Chicagoland’s largest zoo. It’s open year-round and features diverse animal exhibits, an animal-themed carousel, a 216-acre nature park, and more. Visitors especially enjoy the Motor Safari tram ride! It’s a great way to spend a day with the whole family outside of the hustle and bustle of the city.
The Chicago Explorer Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
A visit to the Brookfield Zoo is a walk on the wild side. Featured exhibits showcase animals big and small in a new light:
- Big Cats: meet some of the world’s most beautiful yet endangered wild cats. See lions lounging on their rocks, watch tigers prowl in their stream and enjoy the views of the snow and amur leopards.
- The Great Bear Wilderness: get eye-to-eye to grizzlies, polar bears, and more. Enter the bear yard for an underwater view of the polar bears swimming in their pool.
- Seven Seas: dive into the deep blue sea at the dolphinarium. Watch the bottlenose dolphins swim through their habitat and learn more about their species’ social structure and adaptation.
- Living Coast: let the large tanks immerse you in an underwater world. Watch as fish, corals and even sharks dart through the water. Then, learn more about the lifestyle of a Humboldt penguin.
- Tropic World: get to know intelligent primates from three different continents. Meet spider monkeys, orangutans, white-cheeked gibbons and more.
- Regenstein Wolf Woods: You can get nose-to-nose (almost!) with the Mexican Grey Wolves through a one-way viewing glass.
- Feathers and Scales: this recently renovated habitat features a lush rainforest habitat full of tropical birds and amphibious species.
- Pinniped Point: pinniped is Latin for ‘fin-footed’, and the cutest fin-footed creatures are exactly what you’ll find here. Enjoy underwater views of seals and sea lions and observe their way of life.
- Butterflies! (summer only): kids and adults alike can walk through a colorful butterfly habitat, watch pupas hatch, and perhaps even make a friend
- And many more exhibits & exotic animals!
Choose to use your pass for Brookfield Zoo tickets, then look to the list of other top attractions for your other Explorer Pass admission choices!
Enter the Zoo and go to Guest Relations window. Present your pass to any ticket taker.
Daily, 9:30 am-6:00 pm
Open 365 days a year.
Brookfield Zoo is owned by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County and managed by the Chicago Zoological Society.
8400 West 31st Street
Brookfield, IL 60513
Brookfield Zoo is located at First Ave. between Ogden Ave. and 31st St. in Brookfield, 14 miles west of Chicago. Take I-290 or I-55 to the First Ave. exits. Follow the signs to the zoo's main entrance.
Take Metra: Exit at the Zoo Stop (Hollywood Station) on the Burlington Northern line and walk four blocks northeast. By Bus: PACE bus routes 304 or route 331.
Reviews for Brookfield Zoo