Chicago History Museum tickets
The Chicago History Museum should be any traveler’s first stop in discovering the rich and vibrant history of Chicago.
The Museum is located at the intersection of Clark Street & North Avenue in the scenic Lincoln Park neighborhood, just steps away from the Lincoln Park Zoo.
The Chicago Explorer Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
See how the Great Chicago Fire changed the city forever. Explore the dazzling White City of the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893. Trace the paths of immigration to learn how it shaped the neighborhoods' diversity.
- Chicago: Crossroads of America: Travel through themed galleries to relive the events that not only affected Chicagoans, but captured the world's attention. Meet the city’s most prominent leaders, immerse yourself in jazz music and climb aboard the first-ever L car!
- Sensing Chicago: Kids love making themselves into a giant Chicago-style hotdog, smelling the (sometimes awful) smells associated with the city; becoming part of a Chicago postcard; or posing in front of a big green screen.
- Imagining Chicago: An American City: Visit our beloved dioramas to see how Chicago grew from a desolate frontier outpost in 1804 to the bustling city that hosted the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893.
- Chicago Authored: Discover how those who write about Chicago shape our understanding of the city through a digital experience in a café-style space.
- Facing Freedom in America: Examine the stories behind eight conflicts over American freedom dating from the 1850s to the 1970s.
Choose to use your pass for Chicago History Museum tickets, then look to the list of other top attractions for your other Explorer Pass admission choices!
Present your pass at the admissions desk.
Monday–Saturday, 9:30 am–4:30 pm;
Sunday, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
On rare occasions this attraction closes early due to private functions, beyond the control of Smart Destinations. Free for children 12 and under every day.
1601 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614
Lake Shore Drive or Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) to North Ave. exit. The Museum is on the northeast corner of North Ave. and Clark Street. Parking is available at Clark and LaSalle Streets. Enter on Stockton Drive.
Take CTA: Buses 11, 22, 36, 72, 73, 151, and 156.
Reviews for Chicago History Museum