Historic Chicago South Shore Tour tickets
Learn all about Chicago’s history and see the South Shore’s iconic spots on this two-hour Historic Chicago South Shore Tour – a fully narrated and entertaining way to experience the highlights of Chicago and see the city’s major sights.
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
Your tour’s professional guide will point out places of interest and major institutions as you pass by while providing relevant history and context as well as some lesser-known facts about everything you see along the way.
Sights you’ll see include:
- Grant Park, home of Millennium Park, Cloud Gate (aka ‘the Bean’), the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, Crown Fountain, Buckingham Fountain, the Art Institute of Chicago, Orchestra Hall, and more
- Museum Campus: Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, and Soldier Field (where the Chicago Bears play)
- Camera stop at Museum Campus (or a substitute location)
- 80-story Amoco Oil Building, completely faced in white granite
- South Commons residential community
- Jackson Park, where the famous Colombian Exposition of 1893 was held
- University of Chicago
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Lake Point Towers, the world’s tallest apartment building adjacent to Navy Pier
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on Historic Chicago South Shore Tour tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
Please present your pass at the Gray Line ticket office window in the Palmer House Hilton (17 E Monroe St). It will be validated, and returned with a ticket for the South Side Tour.
This tour departs from the Gray Line office located at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel. Please arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Tour is based on availability on the day of service. Tours are occasionally not operational due to special events, outside of our control.
Your pass allows you to ride one bus tour per day. Choose between Hop-On Hop-Off Tour, North Side, South Shore, or Grand Tour (seasonal)
Tour departs at 11:30 am and 3:30 pm
Tour departs at 11:30 am
Please note, from January - March, this tour will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
New Year's Eve and New Year’s Day, Chicago Marathon Sunday, , Easter Sunday, , Thanksgiving Day, , Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day., January-March: No tours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays., All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
Look for Gray Line tour guides who are easily identified by their blue shirts. Tours are occasionally not operational due to special events, outside of the control of Smart Destinations.
Located in the Palmer House Hilton Gift Shop
17 East Monroe Street, Arcade Level of Palmer House Hotel.
Chicago, IL 60603
Take CTA: Blue Line to Monroe and Dearborn Streets
Reviews for Historic Chicago South Shore Tour