On rare occasions this attraction closes early due to private functions outside of the control of Smart Destinations.
Shedd Aquarium tickets
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, the Shedd Aquarium is a gateway to an underwater world filled with 32,000 fascinating marine animals from a range of diverse habitats.
Visitors will see animals from freshwater, marine, terrestrial, and even aerial environments at the Shedd’s award-winning exhibits and be able to get up close to sharks, dolphins, piranhas, beluga whales, turtles, and more.
The Chicago Explorer Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
Admission includes all permanent exhibits (listed below), animal presentations, Amphibians special exhibit and Stingray Touch (open late May to October):
- Waters of the World: Travel the world from the rivers of Asia to the Great Lakes at home with 80 habitats and explore the diverse ecosystems and their fascinating animal populations on display.
- Caribbean Reef: Take a 360 degree tour of an underwater reef community occupied by sea turtles, moray eels, rays, bright colored tropical fish, and even sharks.
- Amazon Rising: Explore the terrain and animal life unique to the Amazon. You’ll see indigenous species from both the dry season and the flood season when rains raise the river as much as 30 feet.
- Abbott Oceanarium: Fresh water meets the ocean in the vibrant coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest. This unique seascape is home to beluga whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions, sea otters, fishes, and invertebrates.
- Wild Reef: This award-winning exhibit takes visitors on a trip to a fishing village where residents saved their coral reef from destruction. You’ll get a diver’s-eye view of sharks, stingrays, live coral, and other sea life unique to reef life in the Philippines.
- Polar Play Zone: Kids can step into a penguin suit and try out life as a bird in the Icy South or learn about marine life explorations in the waters of the Icy North in a kid-sized submarine.
Choose to use your pass for Shedd Aquarium tickets, then look to the list of other top attractions for your other Explorer Pass admission choices!
Priority Entry! Go directly to the Will Call door and present your pass at the counter.
Weekdays: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Weekends and Holidays: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Extended Summer Hours (June 13-August 21): Daily, 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Christmas Day. All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
For an additional fee, you may also purchase tickets at the Will Call ticket desk (pending availability) for a 4-D Experience.
Shedd Aquarium is located on the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour route at stop number 8: Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S Lake Shore Dr.
On Chicago's Museum Campus
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
From Lake Shore Drive, exit at 18th Street. Follow Museum Campus Drive around Soldier Field. Signs will indicate visitor parking. Shedd Aquarium is just north of the parking garage and the Field Museum.
Take CTA: Red, Orange, or Green Line to the Roosevelt Road/Museum Campus stop. Take CTA bus #146 from points north or south.
Reviews for Shedd Aquarium