Buy a Go San Francisco Card at Alcatraz Cruises and you have the option of a round-trip ferry to Alcatraz Island and a 45 minute self-guided cell house audio tour!*
Experience the history of Alcatraz Island through the voices of inmates and officers who lived it! The award winning Cellhouse Audio Tour tells both sides of the story of the island during its days as a Federal Penitentiary including famous escape attempts, riots, and life in solitary confinement. Allow approximately 2 ½ hours for the full tour experience.
How to visit Alcatraz using Go San Francisco Card
- The Go San Francisco Card including an Alcatraz Tour may ONLY be purchased through Alcatraz Cruises directly.
- The Alcatraz Tour is only available on 3-day and 5-day cards.
- Alcatraz Tours are by timed reservation on a first come first served basis. - Reservations can sell out at least a week or more in advance during peak times so we advise that you make your reservation as soon as possible.
How to purchase a Go San Francisco Card from Alcatraz Cruises
- Purchase a Go San Francisco Card from Alcatraz Cruises by calling 415-981-ROCK (7625). Your Go San Francisco Card may then be picked up from Alcatraz Cruises at Pier 33 or mailed in advance of your travel.
- The Go San Francisco Card is limited to ONE Alcatraz Tour per card.
- Your Go San Francisco Card must be valid on the day of your tour. If your card is new, going on the Alcatraz Tour will activate your card.
- The Go San Francisco Card is not valid on the Alcatraz Night Tour.
- Cardholders who miss a scheduled departure time will not receive a refund. Attempts will be made to accommodate a subsequent departure, but this is based on availability.
* Subject to availability at time of purchase.