The Metropolitan Museum of Art Tickets
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice #1 Museum in the world.
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from every corner of the world. Millions of people also take part in The Met experience online. Since it was founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. Every day, art comes alive in the Museum’s galleries and through its exhibitions and events, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and across cultures.
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
Explore the Met’s world-famous permanent collections:
- American Paintings, Sculpture, and Decorative Arts
- Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Arms and Armor
- Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas
- Asian Art
- Drawings and Prints
- Egyptian Art
- European Sculpture and Decorative Arts
- Greek and Roman Art
- Islamic Art
- The Robert Lehman Collection
- Medieval Art and The Cloisters
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Musical Instruments
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on The Metropolitan Museum of Art Tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
Present your pass at any of the desks located in the Great Hall.
Main building of Metropolitan Museum of Art:
Sunday–Thursday, 10:00 am–5:30 pm;
Friday and Saturday, 10:00 am–9:00 pm
Galleries are cleared 15 minutes before closing.
Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and the first Monday in May
Admission to the museum grants you complimentary same-day admission to The Met Breuer and The Met Cloisters. Therefore, your pass will not need to be scanned at these museums if you visit them on the same day as your visit to The Met. You will need to show your museum ticket at entry.
The following groups are entitled to "pay-as-you-wish" to enter the Museum:
- New York State residents
- Students from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
- If you fit any of the criteria above you may choose not to scan your pass for admission, but you will be asked to provide a valid I.D. upon entry along with a donation to the Museum. Children under the age of 12 are always admitted free of charge.
Included Extra: Show your pass to save $10 off a purchase of $50 or more at The Met Store and save $1 on the Audio Tour. Mention coupon code VS415 to receive your offer.
1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street
New York, NY 10024
From the East Side: Take the 4, 5 or 6 trains to 86th Street and walk three blocks west to Fifth Avenue.
From the West Side: Take the 1, B or C trains to 86th Street, then the M86 crosstown bus across Central Park to Fifth Avenue.