>Save an EXTRA
off Multi Attraction Passes
Cannot be combined with any other promotions.
Top of the Rock tickets
The best place for sweeping views of New York City? The Top of the Rock® at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
The New York Explorer Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
Top of the Rock, the famous art deco style skyscraper, also known as “30 Rock”, boasts three floors of indoor and outdoor observation decks at over 800-feet above street level. With 360-degree views of the New York City skyline, this must-see NYC attraction is an unforgettable experience (and provides unbeatable photo opportunities).
It’s all about the skyline view. What you’ll see:
- Empire State Building
- Chrysler Building
- One World Trade Center
- Central Park
- Bank of America Tower
- Flatiron Building
- And more.
Top of the Rock tickets include:
- Access to three floors of both indoor and outdoor observation decks on the 67th, 69th, and 70th floors.
- Sky Shuttle elevator ride up to the top with light show (a kid-favorite!).
- Admission to entertaining and informative multi-media exhibits detailing the history of Top of the Rock and Rockefeller Center.
- Interactive Beam Walk inspired by the famous photo of construction workers eating lunch while sitting on a construction beam 69 floors above Manhattan.
- Breezeway room with interactive light displays.
- Radiance Wall and Swarovski Joie Chandelier: two sparkling crystal installations.
Insider Tip: Download the free Top of the Rock Viewfinder app to identify and learn about the iconic landmarks as you see them. Bring headphones to listen to the audio tour right on your mobile device.
Choose to use your pass for Top of the Rock tickets, then look to the list of other top attractions for your other Explorer Pass admission choices!
Use the entrance on 50th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues). Proceed down the staircase to enter the Express Line and present your pass for entry.
If you are traveling with a tour group, please send a tour group leader to exchange all passes for timed admission tickets between 8:00 am and 10:00 am on the day before you plan to visit the observatory. Tour groups that arrive after 10:00 am without timed admission tickets may be turned away.
Daily, 8:00 am–12:00 midnight (last entry at 11:15 pm)
Hours of operation may vary on holidays. Please consult website
for holiday hours.
Open 365 days a year
The Observation Deck can experience extremely high volume days. We recommend that you bring your pass to Top of the Rock in advance or early in the morning to reserve your ideal day and time for your visit, especially during holiday weeks. This will ensure you a timed ticket upon returning to enter and enjoy this attraction.
Group Tours: If you are traveling with a tour group, please send a tour group leader to exchange all Passes for timed admission tickets between 9:00 am and 10:00 am on the day you plan to visit the observatory. Tour groups that arrive after 10:00 am without timed admission tickets may be turned away.
30 Rockefeller Plaza
The main entrance is on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.
New York, NY 10112
B, D, F or M trains to 47-50th St./Rockefeller Center Station;
6 to E 51st St at Lexington Avenue. Walk west to 5th Ave and south to W 50th St;
1 train to 50th St Station at Broadway. Walk east toward 5th Ave;
N or R trains to 49th St at 7th Ave. Walk east toward 5th Ave and north to W 50th St;
E train to 5th Ave/53rd St Station. Walk south to W 50th St.
Reviews for Top of the Rock Observatory
New York Explorer Pass
- Save up to 50% compared to paying at the gate.
- Pick 3, 4, 5, 7, or 10 attractions from 57 choices.
- Use your pass for Top of the Rock tickets & more.
- Take up to 30 days to use your pass.
Limited Time Offer
Sign up and save an EXTRA 5%
off any purchase.
Savings will be applied at checkout.