The Fleet Science Center with IMAX tickets
The Fleet Science Center connects people of all ages to the possibilities and power of science to create a better future. Explore interactive exhibits that pique your curiosity and become immersed in an IMAX film adventure that shows the wonders of the planet—and beyond—in the Eugene Heikoff and Marilyn Jacobs Heikoff Giant Dome Theater. Little ones will love Kid City, with its conveyor belts and cranes. Try your hand at designing images with a sand pendulum, analyzing the vibrations of guitar strings, or just learning something new about our universe.
The Go San Diego Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
Additionally, at the Fleet Science Center, visitors will find unique educational toys and games, books, IMAX DVDs and more in the North Star Science Store, and pizzas, sandwiches, salads and healthy treats in Craveology.
Here’s a look at some of the amazing exhibitions at the Fleet Science Center:
- Game Masters: The Exhibition: Game Masters: The Exhibition showcases the world’s best video game designers, from the arcade era to today’s console and online games. And with 100+ playable games, it’s game on! (No quarters needed.) The work of more than 30 designers who have made a significant impact in the field is explored through rare concept artwork, newly commissioned interviews and interactive digital displays. This is the first large-scale exhibition to take visitors behind the scenes of how video games are made as well as spotlighting the people who actually make them. (Through Monday, January 15, 2018).
- MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition: Does toast always land butter-side down? What keeps you drier: running in the rain or walking through it? Can you really pull a tablecloth off of a fully set table without disturbing a dish? In this amazing hands-on exhibition, you can put these myths to the test—just as the team from the popular MythBusters TV show has done for years! Use scientific observations and your own curiosity to search for the truth behind some commonly held beliefs. (Opens February 24, 2018)
- Retro-Active Science: Explore the Fleet's classic collection of hands-on science exhibits, guaranteed to engage your mind and appeal to your senses. These interactive science exhibits may surprise you with new discoveries about the world around you. Exhibits are designed for all ages and cover a variety of fundamental science principals, from light and perception to physics and engineering. There are more than 30 exhibits awaiting you. Come explore science with us.
- Dream! Design! Build!: Explore the Fleet's collection of engineering activities in Dream! Design! Build! This exhibition features the classic favorite Block Busters, the versatile Fit-a-Brick Build Zone and the newest addition to the engineering interactives collection, ProtoPipe. These hands-on building activities invite people of all ages to dream like a visionary, design like an architect and build like an engineer.
- Power Play San Diego: Built exclusively for the Fleet, Power Play San Diego challenges visitors try to keep the power grid in balance while maximizing the use of renewable energy sources. When you're in charge of the grid, you'll have the responsibility of delivering power from the production sources to homes, offices, schools and other businesses in San Diego. Try to keep the power grid in balance—and avoid a blackout!
- Tinkering Studio: The Tinkering Studio is the Innovation and Maker Space that gives our visitors an opportunity to challenge their creativity through exploring those possibilities. We focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM), hosting open studio hours daily and workshops for school groups, corporate groups, families and makers of all ages. Through Tinkering, we explore the surroundings, materials and concepts that will lead to the next great innovation.
- Kid City: Let your little ones test their real-world skills as they check out the different systems and processes that make the world go ‘round! From conveyor belts and cranes to shopping carts and nutrition models, “Kid City” is a great place for parent-guided exploration and learning.
- So Watt: An Illuminating Look at Energy An enlightening look at energy conversion, conservation, and the science behind everyday appliances!
- San Diego’s Water: From Source to Tap: Learn where this city’s water actually comes from and how it's delivered across the metropolitan area. Get your hands wet as you learn about conservation and preservation—great for all ages.
Bonus: IMAX films throughout the day. Your admission pass includes a screening for a film! After your hands-on learning experience, let your imagination run wild as you relax in the world’s largest IMAX Dome Theater and catch a science-themed flick!
Your pass includes The Fleet Science Center with IMAX tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Present your pass for general admission plus one daytime IMAX film.
Daily, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm or later.
Open 365 days a year
The Go San Diego Card is accepted for gate admission until 5:30 pm. Once inside the museum all guests are welcome to stay until closing. Film tickets are subject to availability; some shows sell out in advance. There is no late seating for any film or planetarium show. Cards are not valid for special engagements or events, such as Fridays at the Fleet. Tickets are valid for same day service only.
1875 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101
Space Theater Way off of Park Boulevard, close to I-5, 163, and 94.
Reviews for The Fleet Science Center with IMAX