Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour tickets
Experience San Diego and conveniently get around to all its attractions with a 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Pass from Old Town Trolley Tours—a fun and informative way to see the sights and learn about San Diego.
Once you start your tour, you can hop-on or off at any of the 11 stops along the route. Friendly and knowledgeable guides provide “transportainment” along the way directing your attention to all the highlights and sights you’ll pass and providing history and context to everything you’ll see.
Stops included on the 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley by Old Town Trolley Tours:
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
- San Diego Embarcadero Cruise Ship Terminal/ Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum
- Seaport Village
- Marriott Marquis & Marina
- Horton Plaza
- Gaslamp Quarter
- Hilton Bayfront
- Coronado Ferry Landing
- McP’s Irish Pub near Hotel del Coronado
- Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, & El Prado Museums
- Little Italy
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
Get the best of San Diego from a company that knows touring. Old Town Trolley tours have been operating since 1989, providing à la carte trips that allow visitors to hop-on and hop-off at the sights and attractions where they want to linger just a little longer! San Diego is the kind of city that is small enough to make renting a car unnecessary, but big enough that walking can be intimidating, so why not make use of transportation that combines the flexibility of a rental car with the insights of a tour guide? Old Town Trolley Tours brings you a hop-on, hop-off trolley tour of San Diego, taking you past over 100 sites on one of its brightly-colored green and orange trolleys! You’ll experience what Old Town Trolleys refers to as “transportainment,” with a friendly conductor to give you the scoop on San Diego, “America’s Finest City”! Here’s a look at some of the highlights and stops that you may pass along your tour:
- Old Town State Historic Park: Known as the birthplace of California.
- Old Town Market: A free museum and marketplace in the heart of historic San Diego in walking distance of Presidio Park.
- Seaport Village: Cobblestone pathways on San Diego Bay lined with delightful restaurants, shops, nightlife, street musicians, face painters, and a quaint carousel dating back to 1859.
- Children’s Museum: An environmentally sustainable building that provides a playful space for children and families to explore and learn together.
- Historic Gaslamp Quarter: Featuring stained glass windows, carvings, columns, railings, and other elegant architectural features such as gaslamps and brick sidewalks lining the streets where you’ll find quaint boutiques, theaters, shops, and restaurants.
- William Heath Davis House: One of San Diego’s most significant buildings, and the oldest wooden structure in the city that was once inhabited by the first developer of San Diego.
- Bay Front Park: Offers beautiful views of San Diego Bay as well as Coronado Bay Bridge.
- Embarcadero Marina Park: One of the green “arms” that reach out into San Diego Bay, featuring a walkway and sweeping open lawns where festivals and concerts are regularly held.
- San Diego-Coronado Ferry: A scenic, 15-minute sightseeing trip that will have you disembarking in beautiful Coronado.
- Hotel del Coronado: The most famous hotel in San Diego, and once the largest resort in the world, this hotel is a major area landmark due to its size, beauty and historic value.
- Coronado Beach: The ideal place for surfing, and sunsets, and rated the #1 family beach in America.
- Balboa Park: A large complex featuring many of San Diego’s most-visited attractions and museums within walking distance of the San Diego Zoo.
Enjoy a trip through beautiful San Diego, with the ability to start at any of the convenient stops, and jump off anywhere you please! Old Town Trolley Tours offers San Diego’s most comprehensive, fully-narrated tour with the most frequent pickup service, and was voted “best way to see the city” on SignOnSanDiego.com! A complimentary shuttle is available from many area hotels.
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
Proceed to ticketing depot Old Town Market on 4010 Twiggs St, or Seaport Village on 500 Kettner Boulevard.
You may also pick up the trolley at any of the 11 stops - simply show the driver your Pass and they will have you redeem it at Old Town or Seaport Village along the route.
Daily, 9:00 am-4:00 pm (tours depart approximately every 30 minutes).
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Please note: the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour is a great way to get acquainted with the city, but should not be relied on as a mode of transportation. For quickest transportation between attractions, we recommend you use the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS).
Popular Attraction Stops
The hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour has 10 stops, including 4 at or near attractions on the Go San Diego Card listed below:
(B) Embarcadero 1004 N Harbor Dr
- USS Midway Museum
- The Patriot Jet Boat
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
(C) Seaport Village 480 Kettner Blvd
(I) Balboa Park / San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Sports Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Museum of Art
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center with IMAX Movie
- San Diego Natural History Museum
(J) Little Italy India St & Cedar St
4010 Twiggs St.
San Diego, CA 92110
Reviews for Hop-On Hop-Off San Diego Trolley by Old Town Trolley