San Diego Natural History Museum tickets
Admission with your Go San Diego pass includes:
- Access to all permanent exhibits
- One featured film screening at the museum’s 2D and 3D theater
Explore the natural history of southern California—from past to present—at the San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT). From fossils and dinosaur bones, to rare books and live animals, there’s something for everyone at theNAT, a flagship museum in Balboa Park.
Visitors of all ages will be impressed by the unique, vibrant, and interactive exhibitions that span across five floors. Through its research collection, exhibitions, films, and programs, the museum fosters a lifelong love of learning about nature and the environment. theNAT features lots of “learn and play” activities for little ones, frequent free guided nature walks for nature enthusiasts, adult and family programs, and interesting lectures.
Build your own discount attraction pass and save on combined admission to two or more attractions.
San Diego Natural History Museum highlights
- Fossil Mysteries: San Diego is an archaeological hotbed, and was once a haven for the giants of prehistory: dinosaurs! Examine fossils and use archaeological tools to find the answers to the mysteries of bones and fossils. You’ll travel through a period of 75 million years, from the time of dinosaurs to the ice ages.
- Coast to Cactus in Southern California: This new, permanent exhibition tells the story of this amazing place we call home. Take an immersive walk through the major regions of southern California—coast, inland valleys, mountains, and desert—and celebrate the abundant variety of life found here.
- Extraordinary Ideas from Ordinary People: A History of Citizen Science: In this brand-new, permanent exhibition, learn about naturalists associated with the museum and the impact their work and observations had on science as we know it today. Rare books, art, photographs, historical documents, and plant and animal specimens are brought together to prove that everyone can participate in science.
- Skulls: Take a look at 200 of the weirdest, wildest, and most fascinating animal skulls from the museum’s research collection.
Enjoy guaranteed discounts on San Diego Natural History Museum tickets and your choice of other top attractions.
Head to either museum entrance and present your Pass at the ticketing counter for admission.
Your pass includes admission to a featured film on the Giant-Screen Theater but does not include separately priced exhibitions and events.
Daily, 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
1788 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101
From downtown: Go east on A Street. Turn left (north) on 12th Avenue. The name changes to Park Blvd. Pass under the pedestrian overpass adjacent to the Museum. Turn left at the first traffic light beyond the overpass (Village Place) and left again into the Museum's parking lot. From the I-5 N or S: Exit at Pershing Drive and stay in the left lane. At the traffic light (Florida Drive), turn left. Follow Florida Drive, passing the traffic signal at the Naval Hospital. The next street is Zoo Place. Turn left onto Zoo Place and go up the hill to the traffic light. Turn left onto Park Blvd. At the next traffic light turn right onto Village Place. Turn left into the lot directly behind the Museum.
Reviews for Natural History Museum