San Diego Museum of Man tickets
From monsters and beer history, to learning about the power of secrets, to our relationships with animals and the truth about cannibalism – there’s something for everyone at the San Diego Museum of Man!
The Museum of Man is a cultural anthropology museum that explores the human
experience from multicultural perspectives to spark dialogue, self-reflection, and human connections.
Nestled in the heart of San Diego's historic Balboa Park, the Museum of Man brings together history, anthropology, art, and cultural resources from ancient and contemporary cultures underneath its grand Rotunda, educating visitors of all ages.
The Go San Diego Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
San Diego Museum of Man exhibit highlights:
- Cannibals: Myth & Reality - In this thoughtful (and gore-free) exhibit, you’ll discover that cannibals aren’t who you think they are. They’re warriors from many cultures, European kings and queens, American and European sailors, American colonists, accident survivors, the sick, and more. You might even find you have some cannibalistic habits yourself. This is exhibit is on view for a limited time, and is recommended for ages 10 and up.
- PostSecret - For over a decade, millions of people all over the world have been anonymously sharing their secrets with Frank Warren, founder of the community art project, PostSecret. Each postcard submission is a unique work of art handmade by people who needed to share and release their secret into the world. Now, you can share in those secrets in this one-of-a-kind exhibit: experience thousands of original postcards from the PostSecret project, discover San Diego’s secrets from locals, and share your own secret by creating and submitting a postcard of your own.
- Living with Animals - Humans have formed all kinds of relationships with the animals in our daily lives, but whether we see an animal as a pet, a pest, or food has changed over time and across cultures, In this exhibit you’ll discover all the surprising, unique, and inspiring ways that we live with animals. You’ll find we’re not human without them! Also, check out the Museum’s special programs on honeybees, birds, therapy pets, and more, held in partnership with local animal organizations.
- Race: Are We So Different? - Most of what we think about race is based on myth, folklore, or assumptions unsupported by genetics or biology. This exhibit explains the origins of race and racism, and helps us understand how to deal with them in productive, enlightening ways. It is a platform to raise awareness, build community, and positively impact the ways in which we treat each other.
- BEERology - Agriculture, cities, writing, and religion all have ties to ancient craft brewing. Learn fascinating stories and see phenomenal artifacts that reveal the links between beer and culture.
- Monsters! - Learn about different monsters and creatures from across the span of human history and culture. Visitors can make monsters of their own on a giant magnet wall, learn the real stories behind monster legends, explore monster habitats, and much more.
You’ll leave this unique museum with a better understanding of what makes us alike as humans, what makes us different, and what makes us unique in our universe.
Your pass includes San Diego Museum of Man tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Present your pass at the admissions counter. Included admission does not apply to separately-priced exhibitions and events.
Daily, 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
1350 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101
From east or west: I-163 South, exit University Avenue. Go straight on 6th Avenue, left on Laurel Street (El Prado), cross the bridge and the Museum of Man is the first museum on your left. From the south: I-5 N, exit 6th Avenue, left on Laurel, follow as above. From the north: I-5 S, exit Laurel Street, left on Laurel, follow as above.
Reviews for San Diego Museum of Man