Aquarium of the Bay tickets
Have you ever wondered what lies beneath the water in San Fran? At Aquarium of the Bay, you’ll get to see, touch, discover and learn about the fascinating marine life that call the San Francisco Bay home.
The Go San Francisco Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
What you get:
Aquarium of the Bay tickets are perfect for spending the day enjoying and learning about marine life with the whole family! Walk through crystal-clear tunnels filled with 20,000 species, including sevengill sharks: the Bay’s largest predator. Visit all of the exhibits – Discover the Bay, Go With The Flow, Under the Bay, Touch the Bay and River Otters. Then catch a show or feeding, where you can learn from one of the many experienced employees about how we can help conservation efforts.
- Discover the Bay: here you’ll find seven different habitats that represent the ecosystems of the San Francisco Bay Area. Check out the Beauties of the Bay – a collection of colorful animals including the bright orange Garibaldi fish and the green Moray Eels
- Go With The Flow: check out the 725-gallon tank full of colorful jellies! Did you know there are more than 200 species of jellyfish in the world?
- Under the Bay: enjoy this fully immersive experience as you walk through tunnels that will surround you with ocean life. You’ll see the anchovies, Rockfish, Giant Pacific Octopuses, sharks, and rays that call the Bay home.
- Touch the Bay: get hands-on, literally! You’ll be allowed to touch and feel bat rays, skates, leopard sharks, and tidepool animals like sea stars and sea cucumbers.
- River Otters: there are four adorable river otters that live at the Aquarium of the Bay – Shasta, Ryer, Baxter and Tahoe. They have all been saved by the aquarium’s conservation efforts!
Tips for visiting:
- Consult their website prior to visiting for feeding and show schedules for the day
- Don’t miss out on all the kid-friendly activities, like coloring books, scavenger hunts, the Jellyfish Maze and more
- The Aquarium of the Bay conducts research regularly on ways to help save and purify our oceans
- Their research vessel, RV Mike Reigle, is named in honor of the late humanitarian who dedicated much of his time to environmental conservation and research. The vessel is now used by Aquarium experts to learn more about sevengill sharks and other local marine life
Your pass includes Aquarium of the Bay tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Please give the staff member at the Guest Service Desk your pass / smartphone to scan.
Daily, 10:00 am-6:00 pm.
Check the Aquarium of the Bay website
for the most up-to-date hours of operation.
Christmas Day. All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
Hours vary seasonally.
Please check website for seasonal programming such as underwater pumpkin carving for Halloween, or watch our river otters frolic in over 1,000 pounds of snow in the winter.
Show your pass at the Gift Shop and save 10% on your purchase!
The Embarcadero at Beach Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
Entering the city from either the Golden Gate Bridge or the Bay Bridge, follow signs to Fisherman's Wharf and PIER 39. Parking is available at the PIER 39 parking garage one block away from the Aquarium.
Aquarium of the Bay does not validate parking; however, visitors who dine at one of PIER 39's full-service restaurants receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner.
The F line stops directly in front of the Aquarium. The 47 Bus, the 8 Bus, and both Cable Car stops are within walking distance to the Aquarium.
Reviews for Aquarium of the Bay