California Academy of Sciences tickets
The California Academy of Sciences, named one of the ‘New Wonders of the World’ by Conde Nast Traveler, is an absolute must-see on your trip to San Francisco. Home to an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum and countless education and research programs, it’s the perfect place to spend a day learning more about our world.
The San Francisco Explorer Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
What you get:
California Academy of Science tickets grant you access to all open exhibits and shows. You can check their daily schedule for any events and performances happening during your visit. Enjoy exploring the creatures of the Steinhart Aquarium or journey through time and space at the Morrison Planetarium. Between the hands-on exhibits and lively shows, everyone is bound to have a good time learning and exploring!
- Osher Rainforest: step inside a living four-story rainforest right here in the Academy! Home to free-flying butterflies and birds, it’ll be a once in a lifetime opportunity that you can’t pass up
- Steinhart Aquarium: Visit the 900+ animal species that call this aquarium home. Get up close to the world’s largest indoor coral reef and enjoy tons of interactive activities for kids and adults
- Living Roof: weather stations on the roof of the complex monitor wind, rain and changes in temperature to help inform us about the atmosphere – it helps to keep the rainforest just right
- Water Planet: discover the evolution of aquatic animals and how they live today
- California Coast: want to know more about the waters of California? This is the place for you – see the biodiversity and colorful fishes that call this area home
- And much, much more!
Tips for visiting:
Consult their website in advance to take note of any shows or events you’d like to attend while visiting
Since this museum is very popular, it’s best to get there early to beat crowds
You will receive 15% off your purchase if you show your Go San Francisco Card at the Academy Store
The Academy pioneers many different research projects and initiatives, including efforts to improve environmental literacy, clean up our reefs and more
Choose to use your pass for California Academy of Sciences tickets, then look to the list of other top attractions for your other Explorer Pass admission choices!
Present your pass at the ticket office window or service desk. Your general admission ticket to the Academy includes access to all exhibits and shows. Check the daily schedule upon entry for events, times, and locations. The Planetarium Show and any special exhibits are capacity controlled and subject to availability on the day of your visit.
You may visit the California Academy of Sciences once with your pass.
Monday-Saturday, 9:30 am-5:00 pm; Sunday, 11:00 am-5:00 pm
(Last ticket entry to CA Academy of Sciences is at 4:00 pm)
Academy is free to the general public on select Sundays throughout the year and admission is provided on a first-come, first-served basis on these dates. We advise visiting on an alternate date to avoid massive crowds.
Show your pass at the Academy Store and save 15% on your purchase!
55 Music Concourse Drive
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA 94118
Muni to Golden Gate Park: The #44-O'Shaughnessy bus stops across from the Academy.
The #5-Fulton and the #21-Hayes stop at 8th and Fulton Streets, just outside the park.
The N-Judah Muni Metro streetcar stops at 9th Avenue and Irving Street; the Academy is a 5 minute walk.
Reviews for California Academy of Sciences