California Historical Society tickets
The California Historical Society galleries present fascinating changing exhibitions on the history, art, and culture of the Golden State. The rotating exhibits have featured themes such as A Wild Flight of the Imagination: The Story of the Golden Gate Bridge, I See Beauty in this Life: A Photographer Looks at 100 Years of Rural California, and Curating the Bay: Crowdsourcing a New Environmental History.
The Go San Francisco Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
Its permanent photography collection containing over 500,000 images, including works by Eadweard Muybridge and Ansel Adams. For the latest exhibition update, please visit the Society's website or call in advance.
The official California Historical Society Store also boasts an excellent resource for books and quality California-themed gifts!
Here is a look at some of the exhibitions the California Historical Society regularly hosts:
- A Wild Flight of the Imagination: The Story of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Oyster Farm: Photographs of the Drakes Bay Oyster Company
- A Century of Landscapes: Selections from the California Art Club
- Hobos to Street People: Artists' Responses to Homelessness from the New Deal to the Present
- California Presidential: Candidates and Campaigns from the Golden State
- The Chinese of California: A Struggle for Community
- Past Tents: The Way We Camped
- Theodore Wores in the Southwest
- Jack London and the Great Earthquake and Firestorms of 1906
- Summer of Love: Photographs by Gene Anthony
- Alice Burr: A California Pictorial Rediscovered
- Poetry and its Arts: Bay Area Interactions 1954-2004
Your pass includes California Historical Society tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Present your pass at the ticket desk for entry.
Tuesday, 11:00 am-8:00 pm.
The week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day, and major U.S. holidays. All holiday hours are subject to change without notice. Closed for scheduled exhibit changes.
678 Mission Street (between 3rd and 4th streets)
San Francisco, CA 94105
F-Line to Third Street. Muni/BART to Montgomery Station. Or Bus #15 (exit at Mission and 3rd Street). The Museum is located on Mission Street between New Montgomery and Third Street.
Reviews for California Historical Society