Shanghai Zoo 上海动物园 tickets
The Shanghai Zoo is home to more than 6,000 animals from all over the world. You’ll see animals indigenous to China, like giant pandas, golden monkeys, South China tigers or you can visit international animals like giraffes, penguins, kangaroos and more! With 600 rare animals on display and 180+ acres of land, this is a can’t-miss day trip for animal lovers.
The Go Shanghai Card All-Inclusive Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility.
What you get:
Your Shanghai Zoo tickets will allow you access to all five zones, the Scientific Building and the gardens. Enjoy exploring and learning more about the animals that call each of these zones home. Once you’ve come face-to-face with all your favorite animals, visit the Scientific Building to learn more about your furry friends. You can also walk through the gardens located on the zoo grounds. It is full of unique flowers and plant life and is perfect for a mid-day break or picnic
- Primate Zone: you’ll hit the Primate Zone as soon as you walk in. Here you’ll find golden monkeys, hamadryas baboons, gorillas and chimpanzees interacting with each other and their habitat. Golden Monkeys are known for their love of bamboo, so keep your eyes on one of the many trees in the exhibit.
- Herbivore Zone: visit giraffes, Asian elephants, hippos and alpacas as they enjoy carefree lives grazing in the grass. Because of their cute appearance, alpacas have become a very popular animal in China.
- Carnivore Zone: see a giant Panda for yourself or watch as the Bengal white tiger perches on its rock. Take a trip to Lion and Tiger Hill where you can see African lions, South China tigers and Sun bears enjoying themselves.
- Bird Zone: there are at least 40 types of birds that call the zoo home, and you can find them all in the Bird Zone. Watch as elegant swans float by, or see a Jackass penguin in its habitat. From Oriental egrets to flamingos to peacocks, you’re sure to see every bird imaginable.
- Amphibian Zone: close to the exit of the zoo, this exhibit is home to many reptilian species. See the Yangtze alligator, sea turtles, pythons and more.
Tips for visiting:
- Locals say the best to visit the zoo is in the morning, this way all the animals will be up and active.
Your pass includes Shanghai Zoo 上海动物园 tickets, plus admission to dozens more top attractions.
Please redeem your pass for an admission ticket at the self-service ticket office (ticket office #2) prior to entry.
March-October: daily, 7:30 am-5:00 pm.
November-February: daily, 7:30 am-4:30 pm.
No. 2381 Hongqiao Rd
Changning District, Shanghai
Take Metro Line 10 and get off at Shanghai Zoo Station, and walk about 3 minutes to Shanghai Zoo.
Reviews for Shanghai Zoo 上海动物园